Next Low Carb Bootcamp starts on 5 May!

(397 Posts)
BecauseImWoeufIt Sun 20-Apr-14 22:55:46

If you're interested in joining us, sign up here. Bootcamp lasts for 10 weeks, and starts with two strict weeks, before you move on to Bootcamp Light for the remaining 8 weeks.

You aren't allowed to eat:

potatoes
pasta
rice/noodles
bread
sugar
flour

And for the first two weeks you can't eat fruit or drink alcohol

The idea behind Bootcamp is that whilst it should be strict (and therefore, hopefully, work!) that it should also be easy - therefore there is no weighing or counting of anything. Just ten rules that you need to follow.

So if you're interested - put your name down here!

BecauseImWoeufIt Mon 21-Apr-14 13:39:08

Gin you say? Well, Bootcamp hasn't started yet ...

grin

cousinsandra Mon 21-Apr-14 14:56:00

Me please! Have been reading the last bootcamp thread and attempting Atkins type menus... but could do with inspiration!

MariaJenny Mon 21-Apr-14 18:06:38

I may try IF I can manage to stay off the fruit and nuts/raisins (I eat loads of those).

Wishiwashelenmirren Mon 21-Apr-14 18:10:49

<shuffles everyone up and plonks fat arse on bench>
Here. Thank goodness, SO need this!

guineapig1 Mon 21-Apr-14 18:11:10

Please count me in, watched the last thread with interest!

Bugsylugs Mon 21-Apr-14 18:47:01

Me again please Easter has been full of carb rot as been at brothers

Lambzig Mon 21-Apr-14 18:58:28

Me please, have lost 8lbs in the last five weeks but now completely plateaued and have another 10lb to lose.

FeathersMcGraw Mon 21-Apr-14 19:07:59

Thanks for the book tip, BIWI smile

Lhamo09 Mon 21-Apr-14 20:27:27

I'd like to join too please.

LowCarbHeaven Mon 21-Apr-14 20:36:29

I am going to give its bash. Have tried low carb before but never managed as it always gave me an upset stomach. Does anyone know how long you have to stick at it till that passes? hmm

JimmyCorkhill Mon 21-Apr-14 20:43:56

Me, me, me! I lurked on the last one and I've been waiting and waiting for this to come along. Only prob is that I'm on holiday the 1st week. I will try my best to do it but may be limited to what's there. Just to warn you I will be asking LOTS of questions wink

BecauseImWoeufIt Mon 21-Apr-14 21:51:04

LCH - when do you get the upset stomach?

BecauseImWoeufIt Mon 21-Apr-14 21:51:58

Jimmy - don't worry about the questions! First, I will start a specific thread for questions, and second, there will be lots of support on the main threads.

RatherBeOnThePiste Mon 21-Apr-14 22:01:12

<shuffles in>

justkeeponsmiling Mon 21-Apr-14 23:28:03

Hiya, I'm really interested but I'm a) vegetarian and b) on a budget, so I'm wondering if this would be possible for me to follow? smile

trice Mon 21-Apr-14 23:37:13

I am going to have another go at this for May. Resisted the wine this evening which was a good start.

Woo hoo! Please sign me up to. I've been LC'ing for 5 weeks now, and would love to join in with a proper bootcamp.

justkeeponsmiling Tue 22-Apr-14 08:32:28

Sorry, I should have said, I actually eat fish. So not a proper vegetarian!

BecauseImWoeufIt Tue 22-Apr-14 08:53:41
splodgeness Tue 22-Apr-14 09:12:02

Oooh good. I am in. I have started this WOE again two weeks ago and already lost 6 pounds, but by 5th May I will be needing some inspiration and support. Bring it on BIWI.

outtolunchagain Tue 22-Apr-14 12:55:52

I'm definitely in , have fallen by the wayside over Easter and keen to get back into things .

JimmyCorkhill Tue 22-Apr-14 15:23:28

Okay, bit nerdy but I have --made a chart--looked at my calendar and noted down any events that may trip me up during the bootcamp. One is non negotiable - SILs wedding. The others are I suppose down to me. 2 holidays/music festival/couple of meals with friends.

How much damage do you do the whole process if you come off it every now and again?

JimmyCorkhill Tue 22-Apr-14 15:24:00

made a chart tut blush

LittleMissDisorganized Tue 22-Apr-14 17:37:19

I'm in too!!
Bewitched I'm currently reading 'The Cholesterol con' by Dr Malcolm Kendrick. Eye-opening. Stay strong wrt your statin decision.
I started in January after a terrible year last year with addictive comfort eating. I'm 23lb down, about 5-6lb between bootcamps which I'm quite chuffed about, but artificial sweeteners and seeds/nuts have been creeping in. Time for a crack down! Thanks BIWI for your enthusiasm and tireless question answering.
I have a holiday with a wedding in June, so will not be quite as solid. Never mind, life happens and it is a good reason to be off (as opposed to eating my feelings, not good).

I'm in. Started yesterday by pure coincidence, currently battling carb flu and sloshing due to water intake. Had a tomato halfway to my mouth before I realized (but otherwise been very good)..... Going to need some help.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now