Starting low carb...Please share your meal plans?

(3 Posts)
MaryJoneses Wed 19-Mar-14 08:10:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Full fat greek yoghurt with a dollop of cream. Or eggs and fried mushrooms.

Tuna (tinned or steak) or salmon (ditto) or fish with mayo and a side salad or rocket/baby spinach/capers/ baby toms/ dressed with olive oil with added white truffle/splash of lemon juice/red wine vinegar/ salt/pepper/ mustard

roast meat - belly pork/chicken/beef/lamb
with broccoli/courgette/spinach

Sometimes I add a bit of cream to my veg. Always add butter and salt. Always use the meat juices as gravy. grin

I make chicken soup by gently boiling free range chicken (or six legs) with whole shallots/leek/carrot/bay leaf. Skim the scum off the top as it rises. After an hour or so, take everything out of the liquor, add salt and pepper/fry shallots and courgette (finely diced) and chuck them into the liquor. Take the meat of the bones and sling that back in. Sometimes I put a bit of chilli into the frying veg. Makes tons of lush soup with tons of meat in. Sometimes I put a blob of mozzarella or stilton into the bowl of soup I'm eating.

BIWI Fri 21-Mar-14 17:17:55

Why are you only eating sausages and bacon? There isn't a single low carb plan I'm aware of that would advocate that! Look at the Bootcamp recipe thread - that will give you plenty of ideas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now