Week 10 - Low Carb Bootcamp - the last week!

(750 Posts)
BIWI Mon 17-Mar-14 07:12:49

Well, finally, we reach the finish line! One more week to shout your shit.

Here's the Spreadsheet of Fabulousness

And the Weight Tracker

Hope the results are positive for you today - and that the rest of this week gives you time to drop another pound or two.

EvaTheOptimist Tue 22-Apr-14 12:05:39

That's a relief Monkey. And well done too on your keeping on keeping on!

Joins hands to leap back onto wagon with Trash and Sayra. (and Elma and LittleMiss at least too, from the sounds of things) Its good we enjoyed our Easter celebrations! (and remembered what it feels like to eat carbs - bad and good). I have been sternly not allowing myself even low-carb snacks this morning. As I work at the kitchen table 2 metres from the fridge, this is Will Power.

<lands back on wagon with rather resounding thump and seizes reins of elephant careening wildy away from carbville> okay Wimmin! We're back in charge. I am through with the carbs for a good while now, feeling very happy about it all.

Rushing out to work, but wanted to do a yippee for you monkey

Laters

Notsoskinnyminny Tue 22-Apr-14 18:25:22

Well done Monkey and glad to hear the lump isn't anything sinister.

I'm back on the wagon as well after getting weighed yesterday and finding I've nearly put everything back on and then ploughing my way through a tube of pringles and half a tin of shortbread after a disastrous trip to Lidl miles away only to find they didn't have any ff yog but loads of the low fat crap.

LMD your cajun chicken is delish - I made some for work today.

Going to start logging my meals to try and keep me focussed

B - Egg & cheese muffins (made enough to last the week) & BPC
L - Cajun chicken salad with homemade dressing
S - BPC
D - Roast lamb (bought a massive leg and DSCs didn't come yesterday angry so we'll be eating it all week), cauli mash and asparagus
W - 2l so far

SayraT Tue 22-Apr-14 18:34:39

Just on to log today's food as I actually managed to be LC today despite a work meeting (where we get provided with 4 pieces of home baking each, small pieces) and a birthday.

B: Bacon, fried eggs, fruit tea (mango, lemon and ginger)
L: Salmon fillet, broccoli and cauliflower
D: Orgasmic duck and aubergine something
S: Brazil nuts, cheese

Drank approx 2 litres water as well - been to the loo at least 100 times grin

Decided to let myself eat nuts etc as snacks until I lose the hunger!

My name is MFG, Im 26, and Im addicted to wine and chocolate.

<sob>

SayraT Tue 22-Apr-14 20:27:34

Aww Monkey what happened? You were doing well, I'm just back on the wagon but I'll do what I can to help you back on.

You know you can do it, as you said up thread you've lost 30 lbs since January, that is fabulous. Try not to give up now when you've done so well.

Is there any reason that you want to eat/have eaten chocolate or drank wine. Is there anything you can do instead?

I am desperate to eat something carby (not hungry, just greedy) so I am going to take myself off for a bath and read my kindle then paint my nails to distract me.

EvaTheOptimist Tue 22-Apr-14 22:28:25

Tomorrow is another day Monkey. I'm 40 and I'm a carb-addict too. (and chocolate is the best of the stuff.) I have learned this about myself in the last year!

These carbs are addictive, they are "dangerous" - ie eat a few and you'll be face-down in them before you know it - knowing this is half the battle.

Back on that wagon with you! I love your elephant-drawn wagon Trash

Some puppy pictures to distract us from bastard wine and cunting chocolate

Thumbwitch Wed 23-Apr-14 00:19:27

Monkey - pleased to hear boob is a non-problem, but am with you on the wine and choc addiction thing.

I have been an utter carby twat for the last few days - chocolate and chocolate brownies a-gogo here, with vino as well. My excuse? DS2. He's wearing me out. He's just non-stop! Good job he's cute or the wolves at the zoo might be getting an extra dinner... no, not really, he's lovely but very full-on and I'm knackered just keeping up with him and stopping him from trashing my Dad's house. Or anyone else's house that we go to. I can't wait to get back to Aus, only because I want my playpen back so I can put him in it and relax!! Dad can look after him for a little while but not for long, realistically; and he can't be left alone for long, even with DS1 watching/playing with him, because he's just into everything. It's HARD! And I'm too old for this shit.

So I've given myself a wee break from the lowcarbing, but only on the wine and chocolate (and cake) front - still not having bread, hardly any pasta, no rice, no potatoes (loving swede mash still) - but don't dare step on the scales again.

Only another week and I'll be ready to start properly again. Actually, less than that - although maybe I'll say a week to get me past the jetlag days as well... grin

For me, the bread/pasta/rice is a non issue. I haven't had any since Jan 1st.

Its the wine. I made a new wine rack at the weekend so had to fill it to make it look pretty. Now Im drinking my way through it! And once Ive had wine, anythings game.

Not to mention, between us, we have 67 easter eggs. Yes, 67 staring at me. Now, there isnt anything in life much better than a warm full bodied merlot, and an easter egg straight from the fridge <wibble>

On a TMI note, due to this 4 day choc/wine binge, I have an evil case of thrush. My body is screaming for me to ditch the sugar again!

Ho hum.

EvaTheOptimist Wed 23-Apr-14 09:21:21

Sixty-Seven Easter Eggs! How did you manage that!

LittleMissDisorganized Wed 23-Apr-14 10:52:15

monkey 67!! How? My sister bought me a rabbit, (which will get turned into cake for friends) and that was it! - fortunately anyone else that buys at Easter bought non-edible things (I have two lots of socks!!) as they know I'm losing weight. Are people trying to sabotage you? I'd be really worried at someone who bought lots of chocolate for a loved one who was honestly losing weight. If you get thrush within 4 days of eating chocolate - are you diabetic? Have you been tested?
And if you're serious about the addict statement, there is a lot of help available, if you are ready and want it. How does a life without alcohol sound? As much as I was scared, it was also a huge relief to me.

thumbwitch hope the flight home goes as well as it can do and you are soon having a really good REST!!

trashcan surely putting your beautiful animal in that dress is cruel?! Isn't it??? I hope you're still enjoying her loads.

notso glad the chicken worked for you smile and you know this works, so this time you'll be even warier of the carbs and the sod-it days and all the other excuses reasons for slipping.

Eva working in the kitchen sounds a nightmare!! Our kitchen/ living/ dining area is all one, so I'm never far away, but I guess this is one of those times that walking being slow and painful comes in handy!!

Going shopping for new jeans later on!!! It's an achievement (so when I come back saying the changing room mirrors were awful please remind me of this!) on the road to being smaller again.

Waves to everyone else, sorry if I missed anyone.

WhooshFuckerFairy Wed 23-Apr-14 11:28:08

I am a full on carby twat wanker ..... My elephant has bucked me off and bolted .... I thought I had caught the fucker but he is a sneaky bastard .
I lie face down In Choccy shit with mouth open .

Yesterday
Breakfast - nothing , felt sick from preceding nights choc binge
Lunch - feta salad .... ( tried to catch elephant)
1 hr later - willpower runs off - large twirl egg and two twirl bars
Supper - nothing ... Felt sick
9pm - game of thrones .... Large glass red and a large choc rabbit
10 pm - wine related munchies - white bread cheese sandwhich with packet salt and vinegar crisps !!!!! Aaagghhh

Water - none
Cups tea with normal evil milk - lost count .

fFS ! I need beating on the bit with a woman's weekly !

Today 11:30 am now ... Normal hen egg x2 for breakfast
Water x2 so far

Easter is a bastard . I am utterly stupid .

WhooshFuckerFairy Wed 23-Apr-14 11:29:05

And .... Ditto metallic taste
And - adore trashy pup x

GatoradeMeBitch Wed 23-Apr-14 15:06:59

Is there a date set for the next bootcamp?

It turns out my blood pressure is very high and that needs to be the priority at the moment, so hello bananas and potatoes, hello small glass of red wine! And I'm not adding salt to my diet currently, just to be on the safe side. So I've relaxed things to include fruit and veg, and things like beans and potatoes in moderation but I'm not far from what I was doing before, I'm still avoiding processed stuff.

I thought I would tighten things up when the next bootcamp starts!

EvaTheOptimist Wed 23-Apr-14 15:59:47

Guess what I've found Gatorade: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/low_carb_bootcamp/2058423-Next-Low-Carb-Bootcamp-starts-on-5-May

Whoosh you are not alone in that as an Easter experience - your menus and timeline made me laugh. I hope you succeeded in drawing a line today!

sueh95 Wed 23-Apr-14 16:55:05

Am a bit worried - I have been going off the spreadsheet of fabulousness for carb values and have consequently been eating a lot of avocados as they are sooo yummy - I've been counting them as 1.9g of carbs per 100g but just googled and they seem to be 9g per 100g most places eek!!! shock shock . Can anybody reassure me please?

Notsoskinnyminny Wed 23-Apr-14 18:36:54

Whoosh your food diary was me everyday last week and the week before, I was pathetic on Monday and ate 3+ of anything and everything because I'd cocked it all up, I've never been so glad to go back to work, god help me in the summer prays for a wet one so we can't sit out with a bottle of rose

Monkey don't beat yourself up, you've done so well. What we need is a trio of new efalumps grin

Trashy you cruel puppymummy dressing your little darling like that, this is what DD did to psychopup grin

LMD hope the jeans shopping went well.

Taxi duty beckons, wish DD would bugger off back to uni or we didn't live out in the sticks without decent public transport

Jesuisunepapillon Wed 23-Apr-14 19:40:40

I hate my body! I've been strict for the last month, stepped on the scale today and other than losing 2 pounds in the first week I'm the same. I had cut down drastically on nuts and fruit and was being really vigilant in general. Now, actually I look different to a month ago, I would definitely say I look like I've lost weight but it's so disheartening not to have anything show on the scales. This has been how I've always lost weight and it is so easy to fall head first into a binge. I haven't on this occasion, I'm proud of how strict I've been and the fact I look slimmer is what matters, but still. I want to!!

I thought I might add in the odd morning of fasting, just to try to mix things up a bit. I can't do proper 5:2 fasting as I have m.e and it seems to be too stressful for my body, but this might help. I have to get the weight off, and there's very little else I can do (I can't exercise really at all for example)

BIWI Wed 23-Apr-14 22:02:21

sueh95 - the carb counts for avocados vary widely and it's really confusing. In the end, I left it as it was.

How is your weight loss going? If you're losing weight, I wouldn't worry about it. If you're not, then try cutting down on them!

SayraT Wed 23-Apr-14 22:43:47

notso I love your phychopups outfit!! grin

jesuis if you have lost inches/look thinner then try not to worry about the numbers. Did you take an measurements at all or do your clothes fit better? Focus on that rather than the number. At the end of the day other people won't see that number all they will see is how you look.

Well done for not saying "fuck it" and falling into carbs, we all know how hard it is.

Today's Food

B: fried eggs and corned beef, fruit tea
L: leftover orgasmic duck and veg
D: cauli-pizza and salad
S: FF yogurt, brazil nuts half a cadburys easter egg that mum brought me, half is better than whole and now its gone

WhooshFuckerFairy Thu 24-Apr-14 06:43:56

Question ... How can any orgasmic duck be leftover ??

Elephant compliant #day1

Yesterday
B - scrambled eggs
L feta saad
Supper broccoli and salmon

Water x4
Green tea x4
Snack - large bowl of full fat Greek yog with. Berries when dribbling for choc ....

Today's target - more water . !

Jesuisunepapillon Thu 24-Apr-14 08:22:35

Thank you Sayra. I think I've lost an inch all over, but I'm just not sure how much of that was in the first week. My clothes are definitely baggier. I just wish I could exercise, I would lose so much easier than this. I haves been upping the exercises I do lying on the floor, using weights and trying to walk a tiny bit more, so I could have gained some muscle in the last month too.

avocado info. I think they are definitely lower rather than higher, I know on my diabetic forums that they don't raise blood sugars and if they were anything like 15g of carbs they would raise it. Of course they are high fat which lowers the blood sugar affect a little bit. This website which is American (United States department of agriculture) indicates that light green avocados are higher carb than dark green ones, but if you remember to take out the fibre bit of the US carb count they are low in carbs. Does that make any sense?

WhooshFuckerFairy Thu 24-Apr-14 14:12:24

I am still on my Elephant ....

Its bumpy....

Its uncomfortable...... ( as the kind public chocolate pushing demons keep donating Easter eggs to the Children's Unit and they keep making their way to my desk as we are over run with them)

But.... I am still on.

sayra I am going with the traditional orgasm for number 4..... certainly took my mind off the choc shock although cold gin and tonic would be number 5 ( am closet Gin wierdo)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now