Week 10 - Low Carb Bootcamp - the last week!

(750 Posts)
BIWI Mon 17-Mar-14 07:12:49

Well, finally, we reach the finish line! One more week to shout your shit.

Here's the Spreadsheet of Fabulousness

And the Weight Tracker

Hope the results are positive for you today - and that the rest of this week gives you time to drop another pound or two.

CrabbySpringyBottom Mon 17-Mar-14 10:56:39

Marking place. Not weighing for now.

CalamityKate Mon 17-Mar-14 11:11:53

I was soooooo bad last night! DHs 50th. Posh restaurant. Three courses. Brownie. Cake.

Still, it's done, I knew I was going to do it, I enjoyed it and that's that.

Back on the wagon..... smile

EvaTheOptimist Mon 17-Mar-14 11:21:04

Mirpuppet 0.6lb off is excellent and NOT staying the same!

Remember 1lb off per week, on average, is a great rate of weight loss. As of today I've lost 9lb so far this bootcamp - 1 a week. Except it wasn't 1 a week exactly as I gained on two of the weeks.

Since last May I have lost 45lbs - that must be roughly 1lb a week too. I certainly couldn't have done this without the support on these threads.

Like Sayra and Suzy and others this has changed my way of eating for life. I don't even really consider pasta and rice to be food any more!

DurhamDurham Mon 17-Mar-14 12:14:20

ODE to BIWI (to the tune of My way!!)

And now, the end is near
And so I face the final weigh-in
My BIWI, I'll say it clear
I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
I've lived a WOE that's full
I traveled each and ev'ry Lidl
And more, much more than this, I did it Low carb way

Carbs, I've had a few
But then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do , I saw it through without exemption
I planned each charted course, each careful step along the carbway
And more, much more than this, I did it Low carb way !!!

TwitMcAwesome Mon 17-Mar-14 12:18:14

Not weighing, but feel a bit bloated in the face and tummy. Pfft.
It's that week though.

I found some chicken legs so am having chicken and roasted broccoli today. Had a bit of cheese melted with paprika for breakfast. Have had 1 1/2 litres of water so far and no BPC to see if it helps. Also no nuts etc. so back to bootcamp I guess grin

biwi are you doing another bootcamp? I might join that one and start again, without cheating first obviously.

Suzymoo9 Mon 17-Mar-14 12:56:56

Eva you have put that very well - this has changed my way of eating for life - it really has been a re-education, and it hasn't been hard. I also allow myself to stray off and have treats which makes it more human and manageable. I have lost half a stone since January and I am very pleased. I agree with you that 1 or even half a pound a week soon adds up and is a good steady loss.

EverythingIsAwesome Mon 17-Mar-14 13:36:03

grin Durham

Piscivorus Mon 17-Mar-14 13:47:44

I'm claiming I've STS this week but, in reality, I haven't dared get on the scales! After the stinkin' chicken from Sainsburys which meant no tea and shops shut yesterday so a nosedive into carby twatdom I have begun a strict few days today in an effort to repair the damage.

I have discovered though that I don't feel well when I carb to excess so that's a motivation to continue in itself. Yesterday, after my naughtiness, I felt generally a bit bleeurgh, didn't sleep brilliantly and felt really quite agitated and anxious when I woke this morning.

As always I will stick around for the chat and, no doubt, the next bootcamp.

Thumbwitch Mon 17-Mar-14 14:23:39

Durham, that's brilliant! grin

Today I have been better.
Cheese fragment for breakfast
Omelette with butter-fried courgette, mushrooms and spinach, with grated cheddar for lunch.
Dinner - Chinese beef with almonds and vegetables, no rice.

But also today I have made lamb mince meatballs with coriander and cream cheese - lush! Very nice, tasty bites sitting in the fridge when I feel like a nibble. I need to make the sour cream and mint sauce for dipping but meh, it's not that necessary.

Had a peach and double cream for dessert tonight - and then decided it was time to see if I could create something more "sweet" for fridge-picking, to keep me away from the Freddo frogs I bought for the boys.
Half a jar of hazelnut and cacao butter (no added sugar - literally crushed hazelnuts and raw cacao), 2 dsp butter, 1 hped sp raw cacao. and then several tbsp of almond meal. Mixed it all together, tasted it - too much butter. Added more almond meal and a tsp of vanilla essence;ll and have now put it in the fridge to harden. I don't love it - but it's not bad.

LittleMissDisorganized Mon 17-Mar-14 15:04:54

I really hope this is the beginning of changing my eating for life.

I've gained 1/4 lb this week, and realised I've actually only lost 1lb in the last 3. I'm hoping it averages out, in the first week I lost 9lb and I've lost 8.5 in the last 8 weeks - but I seem to have 2-3 weeks the same then a whoosh. And this week on the worst day of all I did have some potato at lunch time so I wasn't expecting anything else, in fact I'm surprised I've not put more on.

I am content with how I eat now, and DH (who sees most of my ups and downs) plus a few close friends (who see the trend a bit easier, being a bit less close) are massively positive about what making the change to LC has done for me. I could be more gushy but I won't, I'm here to stay and that flounce-attempt is much regretted!!

Congratulations to all who have lost, and Eva your slow-and-steady consistent optimism remains an inspiration to me smile

WhooshFuckerFairy Mon 17-Mar-14 16:07:10

STS, but have good reasons for that. Love the tune durham, feeling quite emotional....have actually loved my first bootcamp - huge thanks to all. biwi I am indebted and to each and everyone one of my 'phat virtual vipers' - love you all . trashy you get a special mention and you just makes me laugh so much, despite what is going on in your life.

I am deffo sticking around for the chat thread and the next bootcamp -I might have got it right by then ! My aim is to try loose the last couple of pounds to make the first stone and then stay the same for a good few weeks, to let my skin catch up. I am going to move up the veg carb ladder and stay at that until any grammes starts coming back and then I will find my level. The full bore on next BC !

<lowcarb hakka for final push>

WhooshFuckerFairy Mon 17-Mar-14 16:12:00

highights too many to mention - but Chester Draws chicken ( where is she lately), the infamous Dolphin Pose, mini crabby's trip , SMS, Trashy's DS's horrendous experience, hier's interviews and new job, crabby's elephant, Athelstane's house move, Pisci's flood....... the list goes on ! IS is like this everytime ?!!

EverythingIsAwesome Mon 17-Mar-14 16:48:36

Beef brisket, leeks, green beans, swede and baby carrots cooked in the slow cooker, and a celeriac fondant to go along with it. Smells delicious.

StuntNun Mon 17-Mar-14 17:00:37

Lidl have the ultimate low carb high fat food back in for Easter - frozen goose for £16. It's expensive but that gets you a 3.8 kg goose which would be plenty for a special family Sunday lunch. I suspect DH is going to send me back to buy a couple more to keep in the chest freezer.

I still haven't managed to stay down at my goal weight that I first reached last November but my belt has gone down a notch and looks like it might go down another one soon so it seems the number on the scales isn't reflecting what my body is doing. I'm at a healthy BMI now but I think I am 'skinny fat' so I'm working on body recompositioning now, trying to build muscle but still trying to lose fat, so that might mean I will see the measurements change but not so much the weight. Pilates, shredding, swimming, walking and cross-trainer work which is all a big change from my gym bunny days of running and weights.

GatoradeMeBitch Mon 17-Mar-14 17:49:41

I had my biggest loss in a week - six pounds smile

But that was with the double whammy of ubercamp and exercise. It was a good self-esteem booster, but my tummy is very squishy and I think I'd be heading for a lot of loose skin if I tried to keep up that intensity. So it's back to regular bc this week, and maybe bc light next week.

arselikekylie Mon 17-Mar-14 18:01:40

Now 11.74% lighter than when I started this WOE. That's 21.25lbs.

Succumbed to the most delicious fish and chips in Blackpool yesterday but it's been weeks since I last had some and probably will be weeks till I have them again so I don't feel at all guilty!

Thanks again for all this BIWI. Much appreciated.

TwitMcAwesome Mon 17-Mar-14 18:23:22

Wow! That's amazing, well done smile
If I stay the same again this week I will have lost a grand total of.....
Wait for it....

two pounds.
<sigh>

mirpuppet Mon 17-Mar-14 19:05:30

EvaTheOptimist Thanks for reminding me that going down is not staying the same.

I am very pleased with slow and steady. And I feel confident of the .6lb because when I weighed on Sunday it was 1 lb down. If I lost 1 lb a week for the next couple of months I would be delighted.

I am sticking to this WOE.

Well done losers!

DENMAN03 Mon 17-Mar-14 19:38:56

I cant believe the time has flown by so quickly. These threads have definitely helped and I have lost a total of 27lbs. Mind you, I spectacularly fell off the wagon this weekend. Was out Fri, Sat and Sun and whilst I ate properly I managed to sink a gallon of wine and ate some chocolate. I am very disappointed in myself as I managed to stick to the diet so far so cant believe I let it all go. I put on 4lb!! Eek..anyway, I've given myself a huge kick up the backside and am back on it today.

RatherBeOnThePiste Mon 17-Mar-14 20:32:15

Am definitely carrying on after, have lost over a stone since we began and I feel so much better. When we started we had just got back from a trip to New York, where carbs are a plenty, and god I felt rough!

So keeping on, keeping on.

I need to weigh in tomorrow.

HeirToTheIronThrone Mon 17-Mar-14 20:32:52

Whoosh I am honoured my job has made your round up!

I've just been struck at how delicious food on this WOE can be even if you've been doing it for a while - DH cooked steak for dinner, with salad and coleslaw and roast aubergine, which I pimped even further with a dollop of Boursin melted on top of the steak. What other 'diet' would mean I had that for supper?!

Place marking.

Had a stir fry with chicken wings for lunch- didnt realise how bad green beans and bean sprouts are ffs

Steak, asparagus and more chicken wings for tea. With a bowl of whipped cream to satisfy the sweet tooth.

4l water and lots of pepsi max.

Still havent lost a bastarding thing for a month or so. Have had lots of wine and cock ups though blush

Am hoping if I have a really good week I may see a small loss by the weekend.

Pleaseandthankyou Mon 17-Mar-14 20:43:34

Well done to all the losers. Some people have lots a huge amount in 9 weeks. You must really see the difference and feel lighter. I was really worried about weighing in this week. Some days have been really low carb and some have been disastrous. I even ate a pizza which I haven't done in about a year. Plenty of wine was had. Bit of a result to have stayed the same. Put a smile on my face for most of the morning.

BIWI Mon 17-Mar-14 20:48:28

Green beans and beansprouts are fine, monkeyface - don't worry about it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now