Low carb diets and spotting between periods?

(5 Posts)
lottieandmia Fri 21-Feb-14 23:37:13

Has anyone else experienced this? I've never spotted between periods before and as soon as I started Atkins induction I started spotting. I missed a pill and it seemed to be much worse than usual (I'm on the pill).

I was a bit worried but I had a smear not even 2 months ago which was normal with no sign of HPV. I googled it and it seems a lot of people have had this when starting a low carb diet. I will go to the GP anyway though.

DurhamDurham Sat 22-Feb-14 09:11:02

I haven't spotted but my period seems to drag on longer, is heavier and my pmt is worse. I'm not as regular either.
It is getting me down but I love every other part of the low carb WOE so I put up with it.

lottieandmia Sat 22-Feb-14 09:18:39

There seems to be about it on low carb forums etc. I missed one of my pills and got something like a period! It is annoying but I am really feeling the benefits of this diet - I have energy like never before and find that I sleep better at night and wake up refreshed. This is a totally new thing.

DENMAN03 Sat 22-Feb-14 19:36:05

I have had the inplant and not had a period for 18 months.. However I have now been having a period for nearly two weeks!! There must be a connection..

Ilovefluffysheep Fri 28-Feb-14 21:44:24

I get this as well whenever low carbing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now