Beginners advice needed...

(4 Posts)
JellyCurls Sun 16-Feb-14 21:20:16

I am seriously thinking about going low carb because I am a complete carb junkie & addict, I turn to bread for comfort and when bored :-(. I know I need to cut back and weight loss would be a nice side effect. So I have been reading these threads and posts and I am a little concerned. I cannot eat eggs, I am not allergic but eggs make me violently sick since and have done since I was a baby being weaned. So what can I have for breakfast if I can't eat bread, cereal and eggs are out?

Once I have this worked out I will start on my weekly meal planner but it's a huge stumbling block for me just now. Thanks for the help x

Joules68 Sun 16-Feb-14 21:31:31

Bacon with mushrooms?
Cold meats with cheese?

SteeleyeStan Sun 16-Feb-14 21:55:35

Greek yoghurt with vanilla - or with berries or nuts/seed if you're not aiming for quick weight loss. (My DH eats homemade "muesli" made of nuts, seeds and coconut flakes.)

Some people find a bulletproof coffee in itself makes a filling breakfast. That's coffee blended with butter and coconut oil.

Or just eat anything you'd have for any other meal; even leftovers from last night's dinner.

Piscivorus Sun 16-Feb-14 22:01:05

Have a look on the bootcamp threads. There is a question thread somewhere and it may have ideas for you.

In many cultures they don't eat things like bread, cereal, etc for breakfast but would have more savoury stuff; think cold meats and cheeses on the continent, vegetable broth (as in Thailand) or even kippers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now