Week 5 Low Carb Bootcamp - Come and Shout Your Shit!

(601 Posts)
BIWI Mon 10-Feb-14 07:37:10

Here's The Spreadsheet of Fabulousness

And The Weight Tracker

By now, if everyone has been following Bootcamp/Bootcamp Light rules properly <looks over top of glasses> then we should all be keto-adapted, and should be burning fat. Yippee!!

Hope everyone has a good week.

flowers

ChesterDrawers Mon 10-Feb-14 08:44:22

C&P fail!

Should be grin and flowers

Too tired for this shizzle.

wakemeupnow Mon 10-Feb-14 08:44:27

I've plateaued for the last 3 weeks .... I guess I just got to eat less !

LittleMissDisorganized Mon 10-Feb-14 08:45:09

Morning all - after my slow loss the last 3 weeks it's picked back up again and I've lost just over 3lb - the explanation that BIWI gave to Pseudo really helped last week and has come true - I feel good, lighter than I have been for a while, things are a little easier, and those are the reasons really.

I'm away for a few days today... but will probably be back, feeling a bit unsure about whether I fit, and the answer is probably not, but I have so much confidence in this WOE and I am incredibly grateful for that.

GatoradeMeBitch Mon 10-Feb-14 08:46:41

4.4lb loss this week, no movement on the scales from Fri till this morning, but I'm still very pleased. I've lost exactly 10lbs in a month. That's my best diet result ever, I don't usually have so much willpower! Just 40-ish pounds to go! Thanks to BIW and everyone on here who posts to support everyone and share ideas smile

ElBombero Mon 10-Feb-14 08:47:07

No loss in 2 weeks. Really really gutted hmm up'd the water n butter this week and nothing...

Pleaseandthankyou Mon 10-Feb-14 08:53:03

There are some great losses this week for people who were wavering. Really pleased for you all. This does work but you need to see it for yourself. The weight loss is not linear. I plan on keeping on all year with a few planned breaks. I do feel as if I have come last in the class test this week though. Will hide in the corner and drink water

MyPreciousRing Mon 10-Feb-14 08:58:19

Little miss, don't go.
You do 'fit', we all do.
Keep on keeping on x

barleywood Mon 10-Feb-14 09:13:24

Little miss...what is this not fit you speak of. This is the most supportive, inclusive group of motivators.

We all fit.....even the lurkers smile

QueenofallIsee Mon 10-Feb-14 09:36:49

Am up by 1lb this week - quite gutted. Am on my period though and feel massively bloated because of that - I might be wrong but I really think that has impacted my loss. I also ate out twice due to birthdays last week so am trying not to let it get me down. Hey ho, will plough on

HeirToTheIronThrone Mon 10-Feb-14 09:44:56

I'm with Sayra about a graph that goes down please smile

I'm up about 1lb but was expecting that - I was pretty good on my lovely weekend away but did have a small cider, one piece of bread, a cocktail and a pudding with my dinner - and not enough water either. So, it could be much worse! Nothing in the way this week so I think the errant lb will go quickly.

Like someone else at the end of the other thread, I really wish I'd measured/done pictures - this morning, although I know I am about a stone heavier than I was then, I fit nicely into the skinny jeans I bought for my honeymoon last year. Which is bizarre - if they fit, where is the stone???

Well done to everyone - half way through!

teaandthorazine Mon 10-Feb-14 09:46:41

Gah. Am up, by 4lb! But...it is totm and I have been a bit (a lot) of a carby twat this weekend, including a bloody McDs chocolate milkshake blush. I suffered for it, though, in more ways than just weight - terrible indigestion and bloating afterwards. It was a good reminder of exactly why I'm doing this!

However...the good news is that even if I am not losing lbs I'm definitely losing inches. The first thing dp said when he got home was 'have you lost weight? I can feel your bones!' when he gave me a hug grin. Am going to go back to strict Bootcamp from today and see if those last few pounds will shift. I actually feel pretty good at around 10.5 stone so, as always, it's those pesky final few pounds that are so tricky...we shall see. I need to get back in the zone, though.

Water water water, fat fat fat.

Good luck all in week FIVE - wow!

Woolfey Mon 10-Feb-14 09:48:39

Forgot to post my meal plan:

B Yogurt, few blueberries (I know their BCL but needed using) cinnamon
L Leftover teryaki pork, lambs lettuce & a dressing
T Prawns & mayo
D Dunno as DH cooking. From the look of the fridge will prob be pork stroganoff & veg or steak & mashed swede & veg

Woolfey Mon 10-Feb-14 09:49:37

* they are, not their!

thenightsky Mon 10-Feb-14 09:56:16

Stayed the same this week. This is very good as I was sure I would have gained. I ate ice cream on Friday night. On Friday night I had a bottle of cava. On Sunday I visited a friend in hospital who begged me to take away all the chocolates she had been bought as she isn't allowed them. Luckily DS ate most of them, but I'll put my hand up to having 4 of the buggers sad

BIWI Mon 10-Feb-14 10:00:41

Eh, LittleMiss what do you mean about not fitting?! You've made some brilliant posts along the way, and you have been doing really well with the weight.

Of course you fit in, you daft plonker grin

GrumpyCrossPatch Mon 10-Feb-14 10:04:08

She's been, she's been! Hooray for the whoosh fairy and yay for BPC!

Congrats to all losers, commiserations to those who gained/STS.

Piscivorus Mon 10-Feb-14 10:14:40

LittleMiss Please don't go.
We all have our own issues to deal with so, to a point, none of us fit as our issues are all different but, at the same time, we all have an interest in eating this way to improve our health going forward which is what links us. I enjoy your posts and you are a valued and much appreciated poster on here.

I have got some lamb shoulder fillet, anyone know how to cook it? I've googled it and the advice for lamb shoulder is very different to that for lamb fillet so I don't know which to follow. It looks quite marbled so I suspect slow cooking might be better but not sure

Piscivorus Mon 10-Feb-14 10:15:37

BTW the whoosh fairy has avoided me this week but for good reason so the less said the better!

CrabbyWinterBottom Mon 10-Feb-14 10:18:25

Daisy and Athel thanks, and I have just the same problem with jeans fitting either my waist or my arse, but not both. If they fit over my bum and thighs then they gape at the waist and for them to fit my waist they won't get over my arse. M&S trousers fit me quite well, and in a final acceptance of encroaching middle age, I tried a pair of their 'marilyn' jeans on last year, made for hour glass shapes. They fitted ever so much better, but it did feel like a watershed moment wearing M&S jeans. I've turned into my mum. grin

Athel you could try sheep's cheese too? xDP is sensitive to cow's milk products (exacerbates his asthma) but ok with goats' and sheep's products.

Sybil thank you. I'm fairly near to my goal weight of 10st 5ins (my 'ideal' weight according to the wii) now. In my 20s I was around 9 and a half stone which I was very happy with, but I think I might look a bit saggy or drawn at that weight now. I guess I'll keep going until I feel completely happy with where I'm at. I need to tone up - that's really important too. I'm so lazy though. hmm

Lovecat thank you. The dress is a White Stuff one from the charity shop and I love it! It's really flattering.

Nell grin at your recipes cooked with a big dollop of resentment! grin Cooking for that many people is a lot, and I guess it means that you can't do batch cooking and have enough left over for a second night (which we do a lot). Are you cooking the same thing for everyone? Don't get disheartened about your slip last week - this is a long game and you can always haul yourself back onto the wagon and start again. Glad you like the recipe chart, I'm rather pleased with them!

Hurrah Notso! grin I'm glad the chicken won him over!

Sarah I love the idea of The Low Carb Smitten Kitchen! Very wise words about 8-10gate. I keep telling DD that comparing ourselves with others only brings trouble. It's very hard not to do though.

Love hope you're feeling less grouchy today. I quite often get the rage for no discernible reason, especially when I'm premenstrual but not always. It does pass mostly.

Athel ouch ouch ouch. sad Glad it's not too bad today.

Precious good to see you back and wise words there.

Steel what cut is it and how are you cooking it?

LittleMiss please don't go. I for one really admire your willingness to examine your own reactions and motivations and 'own' what you feel. I think you make some valuable contributions to the thread and you've certainly given me food for thought even if I did studiously ignore your comments about the signs of problem drinking. wink

Queenof yes you will be retaining water at TOTM. I never lose that week, or when I'm bloated and premenstrual either.

I must admit I'm a bit baffled by the graphs too. I think the intuitive thing is to want them to go down, not up.

Well I am dead chuffed today. I weighed on Thursday and then was hoping to have sts from then over the weekend as, although my food intake was fine bar a square of 85% choc each day (sucked like a toffee to make it last as long as possible), as usual it was my wine intake which let me down. hmm

But... Another 2lbs off, so 4lbs in total this week. The whoosh fairy has visited! grin I had 2 weeks of sts then a gain of a lb last week so this is a very welcome surprise. 10st 11lbs - I haven't been this weight since (briefly in) 2011. smile Thank you BIWI and all you lovely Bootcampers! flowers

CrabbyWinterBottom Mon 10-Feb-14 10:23:21

Oh and flowers of celebration to all the losers, and flowers of commiseration to those who didn't lose this week. Onwards and upwards.

Now, help me decide what to do today...
Sort out blog stuff and all the photos I took over the weekend.
Go to where they're filming Macbeth to walk the dog and try to get a better photo of Michael Fassbender.
Stopping sodding about with blog stuff and clean the house.

Lovecat Mon 10-Feb-14 10:37:17

Crabby thanks for the kind words. I have woken up in a much better mood smile However DH is going away to Paris for 2 nights today so how long the mood remains is another matter... wink

I vote for stalking Michael Fassbinder grin

Psuedo that's fantastic, congratulations!

LittleMiss don't go, what is there to fit into? (apart from new skinny jeans wink?)

Congratulations to all who've lost and encouraging pats on the backs to those who didn't. The trend is our friend!

Which is something I've been muttering to myself, as I have lost 0.4lb this week.

I'm mildly peeved, as it was the week after TOM and I've tried quite hard with water (although I will admit that it's not been always successful) so was cautiously hoping for a visit from the whoosh fairy. The only thing I can think of that's been off-piste was the kebab meat - does that contain hidden carbs? <sob>

Mind you, I didn't stall last week so perhaps I'm due one.

Right, due to forecast adverse weather I have had to rearrange DD's birthday party on Sunday from being out at Southend all day to being an afternoon house party - eight 9yo girls <wibble>. I need to go and do some serious decluttering...

BIWI Mon 10-Feb-14 10:47:16

ElBombero - it's very, very common for people to STS from weeks 3 up to 5 - all part of the pattern. Stick with it and you will be fine.

(You are sticking with it, aren't you? I can't remember if you started the 'referring' thing?)

MrsPnut Mon 10-Feb-14 11:08:39

Morning, congrats to all the losers and a "there there" to the people finding it tough.

I STS this week, which was a good result as I came completely off piste at the weekend and had been on the edges during the week too.

I have started again this morning by reminding myself of the rules and vowing to put a bit more effort in. I've had nearly 2l of water already but I am hungry.

Food for today -

B - scrambled eggs with double cream
L - Thai chicken soup (not great but had nothing prepared because of being away all weekend) and greek yoghurt
D - not sure yet, have a shopping delivery coming when i get home from work.

Woolfey Mon 10-Feb-14 11:16:55

Right all caught up, phew! Not enough time after reading all that to do a Crabbyesque superpost I'm afraid.

thanks if things are tough, smile if things are going your way and a big thanks to all for all your support on this thread.

LittleMiss Don't go! I don't 'fit' here either, I hate gin, hate BPC, hate celeriac, don't have a slow cooker and love pork scratchings grin But I am still here feeling the support from the lovely people on this thread and it's making a huge difference.

StuntNun Mon 10-Feb-14 11:18:18

Pisci I would do lamb shoulder in the slow cooker (falls apart after 10 hours on low) or in a very low oven if you don't have a slow cooker... or 10 hours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now