Week 2 - Low Carb Bootcamp Jan 2014

(955 Posts)
BIWI Sun 19-Jan-14 21:03:04

Wow! So much nattering that we've filled up the thread before the end of the week!

Here's the link to the Spreadsheet of Fabulousness for tomorrow morning.

And, for the Weight Tracker I'm not quite sure what happens with this link I think that you will be asked to enter your weight for this week and then you will see your individual graph.

I hope you all had a good week last week, and very good luck for week 2.

captainmummy Wed 22-Jan-14 19:00:38

Welcome library book! Skinnyminny -I looked for shirataki noodles in Holland and Barrett today (girl said 'oh yes, the mushroom one?grin) and they had skinny noodles, 1g/100g carbs, on buy-one, get-one for 1p. So 2 packs cost £2.50 still exp but better than £5!! I am going to use them with a pasta sauce - I miss the ease and convenience of pasta !!

LibraryBook Wed 22-Jan-14 19:01:16

I was all, 'Awww, they are ALL so lovely and welcoming, these bootcampers' grin

Thank you for the lovely welcome.

ChesterDrawers Wed 22-Jan-14 19:05:55

We already have a dog Crabby - so now my house stinks of dog AND fried stuff <wails dramatically>

supersalstrawberry Wed 22-Jan-14 19:11:38

Better day today, no nausea, been v busy in work so haven't had time to think about it.

B - greek yogurt and cream
L - prawn and avocado salad
D - BIWIS shepherds pie and it does freeze well

S - pepperoni

AthelstaneTheUnready Wed 22-Jan-14 19:13:55

Evenin'.

I have put back on another few lbs of last week's 8lb weight loss hmm, meaning I have in total lost just 3lbs. And yet my clothes tell me I am slimmer than last week, when I was 5lbs lighter? confused.

I read all the water/fat/density stuff, I understand it. But isn't 5lbs an awful LOT of fat cells to be holding a bit more water than flab? I was out all day doing grunt work in the garden on Saturday but I doubt I've added a few lbs of muscle just from that.

Ho hum. Ignore the scales until Monday, I reckon.

BTW, I'm the proud owner of a celeriac and a swede and may try a mixed dolphin pose. Do either need parboiling first?

AthelstaneTheUnready Wed 22-Jan-14 19:15:52

Oh dear, Captain's social programme has gone wonky [sad face]

AthelstaneTheUnready Wed 22-Jan-14 19:16:10

* program, apologies.

teaandthorazine Wed 22-Jan-14 19:24:21

Mmmmm, this is where I'm off to on Friday night - I've never had Vietnamese food before but I think it looks pretty good for LC?

B: protein shake with cream
L: leftover cauliflower rice stir fry, two babybels
D: probably an omelette and salad, can't be arsed to cook!

Just having a liquorice tea, had about 1.5 litres of water so will drink more before bed.

HaPPy8 Wed 22-Jan-14 19:44:04

I just ate 6 chocolates after 10 days of being so good. How much will I have regained by the morning in water/glycogen? sad

SteeleyeStan Wed 22-Jan-14 20:03:29

Welcome LibraryBook and evening everyone. Don't give in to those carby cravings! It does get easier, if you stick to it!

Sea bass and samphire was gorgeous! (Despite fish falling apart.) So quick, so salty and crunchy and fishy, with melted butter on top.

Co-codamol, hot water bottle and the sofa for me. Stoopid cramps.

ImATotJeSuisUneTot Wed 22-Jan-14 20:03:41

I've had a sore throat today, grabbed my usual remedy without thinking - ginger, lemon and HONEY! Arrrrrrgh. Only just registered now that its HONEY!

HumphreyCobbler Wed 22-Jan-14 20:05:57

Don't worry too much HaPPy8 - drink lots of water and you will soon be on track.

Bacon and egg and black coffee
prawn salad with oopsie roll (I HATE the name of these)
pig cheek cooked in tomato and paprika, courgette fried in butter
handful of nuts

SayraT Wed 22-Jan-14 20:34:12

Feeling very tired today but that's because I played badminton at lunch and often we have 5 people so sit out a game. Today we had 6 so had two courts and played for the full hour.

B: Egg in a cup - boiled egg chopped up in a cup with butter (this might be a Scottish thing (West) as the only person at work who knew what I was talking about is from the same area as me)
L: Roast veggies (courgette, aubergine and tomatoes) and feta cheese
D: Salmon with a parmesan and linseed crust followed by the rest of my crumble

NellVarnish Wed 22-Jan-14 20:34:32

Saw this on Pinterest earlier and thought it was a good mantra for us all should we feel despondent. Keep on keeping on!

LibraryBook Wed 22-Jan-14 20:37:17

B - Hard boiled egg
L - Sirloin steak with creamy peppercorn sauce and rocket salad with parmesan shavings
D - Baked salmon with swede frites (sautéed in Brittany butter with salt crystals) & broccoli

SnowieBear Wed 22-Jan-14 20:47:32

AthelstaneTheUnready the dolphin pose worked for me without blanching, but I sliced very thinly. DH thinks it would have been better with some blanching, but it risks making it watery and a bit bland if you over do it, so keep an eye on your timing!

LibraryBook welcome! As you see, a pretty friendly bunch here, and some very efusive <winks at CaptainMummy>.

fizzly Wed 22-Jan-14 20:53:19

Sayra I have egg in a cup every morning for breakfast. Except I have graduated to having it in a bowl as I got fed of of trying to fish the last bits out of the 'corners' (not that you have corners in a cup but you know what I mean!).

Today:
B: Egg in a cup 2 eggs plus butter
L: Stuffed aubergine with mozarella on top
D: 2 black farmer sausages, red cabbage, broccoli

I have to confess, I'm afraid, that I had a biscuit (with chocolate -but in my defence it was dark choc) that my kids had made. I couldn't face telling them I wouldn't eat it blush As penance I am going to drink 3 more big glasses of water before bedtime. Please don't beat me BIWI.

SnowieBear Wed 22-Jan-14 21:00:56

Today's report card from SnowieLand... weird day sums itup.

I cannot stomach food first thing in the morning, so I have my creamy cofffee and take a couple of boiled eggs into work with me. Except I didn't today, as I had to travel for a2pm meeting and thought I'd manage with an early lunch. By 11am I was ravenous and devouring my salmon, olives and feta salad.

On the way back from my meeting, around 5pm, I had to stop at a supermarket and get something to eat. I guess I could polish my halo for a while, as I bought an egg and bacon pot of sanwich filler and a pack of 30p spoons and had it in the car before getting on with my evening, but now I don't feel hungry at all and I feel as if I've messed the day up. I know I haven't, but breaking a routine that was working so well for me makes me feel wrong... oh well, onwards and downwards... breakkie and lunch already prepped for tomorrow.

NotTwit Wed 22-Jan-14 21:23:50

As you're all, I'm sure waiting with baited breath to find out if I got a little frisky with my cauliflower, I would like to let you know that I sort of did. I roasted it in the chicken pan I'd used earlier. Not that I left that lying around for a couple of hours, oh no. <cough> it was lovely.
Is it normal to stall around ones totm?
I just want to be prepared you know?

EvaTheOptimist Wed 22-Jan-14 21:40:50

Crabby you are brave to be facing more than a month without your DD. Wow. (but sounds like she'll be back before the end of bootcamp... don't know if that makes it better or not!)

helium and grumpy is there any chance you are on your week 3 of low-carbing? It is an often seen effect that weightloss stalls in week3 & 4 to re-start after that, as the body gets used to the new situation. Otherwise, I've no idea, your menu looked fine to me grumpy.

B - scrambled egg, mushrooms and fried swede
L - tuna mayo salad (I am a creature of habit breakfast and lunch but it will change tomorrow as I've finished the tin of tuna and only have 2 mushrooms left)
lunch followed by "dessert" of double cream!
D - smoked mackerel, broccoli with boursin & Philly sauce

Welcome Librarybook by the time I was your weight I'd already been low-carbing for 4 months and was really pleased to be that weight! And now I'm more than a stone lower again. Hopefully you can join the spreadsheet, WillieWaggleDagger may be able to advise you how to join - I think you add your name at the bottom then add your weight in week 2 - maybe to play safe add it both in week 1 and 2?

tenementfunster Wed 22-Jan-14 21:45:28

I did a celeriac dauphnoise fusion with shepherds pie mince. I can confirm this is the best meal I have had for ages. The recipe for the dauphnoise was from the good housekeeping website.
I am full and need to sleep it all off
Thanks for all yr recipe ideas

Ruprekt Wed 22-Jan-14 21:59:38

Another good low carb day.....smilesmile

B...yoghurt

L....whole pack prawns
Whole pack sm salmon
Mayo
Cucumber
Lettuce

D...pork with swede mash, cabbage and broccoli

Got some coconut flour today....dunno what to do with it!

CrabbyWinterBottom Wed 22-Jan-14 22:09:04

Thanks Eva. It's a great opportunity for her. I keep telling her that NZ is the trip of a lifetime for many people, and she'll have been there twice by the age if 11. She has an NZ passport too, as xDP is an NZ citizen and applied for one for her. Lucky little bugger! envy

grin at Not getting frisky with her cauliflower!

Oh dear Chester! Fill the house with highly scented plants? Then your visitors can be assaulted by the combined cloying scents of doggy greasy flowers. grin I sprinkle essential oils everywhere when people come round, in the hope that they won't notice that the sofa has its own distinct aroma, thanks to our late house rabbit and the dog. blush

Funny day today appetite wise. Wasn't that hungry so didn't eat properly before going out and then was really hungry and felt quite ill before dinner. Was soooooooooooo tempted to have a glass of wine, especially as DP did, but resisted. Back pain quite bad the last few days so had a hot bath and am lying cosy in bed. Have had diarrhoea for a couple of days too and am ashamed to say that I caught myself thinking 'well that should get rid of a couple of extra pounds, surely'. hmm

GrumpyCrossPatch Wed 22-Jan-14 22:36:33

There was somebody up thread who thought she was a bit odd as no one else seemed to get windy from celeriac. To that poster, you have company. I think I might pop shortly blush

giraffeseatpineapples Wed 22-Jan-14 22:50:59

They were demonstrating slim pasta / rice on ideal world today and all ooing and ahing! I thought they prob weren't allowed on lcbc but a couple of people have mentioned them? Don't think I would get them but are they ok, worth a buy? www.idealworld.tv/SearchGridView.aspx?fh_location=//idealworld/en_GB/$s=eat%20water&gs=eat%20water

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now