Week 2 - Low Carb Bootcamp Jan 2014

(955 Posts)
BIWI Sun 19-Jan-14 21:03:04

Wow! So much nattering that we've filled up the thread before the end of the week!

Here's the link to the Spreadsheet of Fabulousness for tomorrow morning.

And, for the Weight Tracker I'm not quite sure what happens with this link I think that you will be asked to enter your weight for this week and then you will see your individual graph.

I hope you all had a good week last week, and very good luck for week 2.

MyPreciousRing Mon 20-Jan-14 06:19:31

Sorry BIWI
I must be missing an invisibility cloak - still veg carb counter wink
Off to weigh self for spreadsheet

MrsPnut Mon 20-Jan-14 06:31:40

Myprecious - it's in. Writing right at the top of the page. It should say add/edit weight. It's quite small.

I lost 4lb this week, I'm pleased with that. I've had quite a bit of dairy and the odd bit of higher carb veg. Onwards and downwards.

MyPreciousRing Mon 20-Jan-14 06:35:30

Not lost anything since yesterday. Was .4 up and then had a 1&2 (tmi!)
Back down the .4 shock
So that's an awesome 8 pounds loss (8.1 if want to be precise)
Happy LCing everyone

MyPreciousRing Mon 20-Jan-14 06:38:07

Thanks mrs pnut - will take another look

Woolfey Mon 20-Jan-14 06:39:21

Morning,
I've lost a 1lb more than my target so I'm happy. Meal plan for the day is:
B Left over bubble & squeak with a fried egg on top
L Chicken salad (at McDonalds eek!)
D Spare ribs & salad
S Cheese & ham

Have a good day smile

Lovecat Mon 20-Jan-14 06:41:31

Morning! grin

I've lost 2.8lb and am very pleased with that - I haven't been drinking as much water as I know I should be, so I wasn't expecting a huge loss. But I have enjoyed amazing food and not felt the least bit hungry or deprived ignores lack of gin so I'm very, very happy smile

Onwards & Downwards!

Crabby, that link didn't work - I'd like to see your website too, if that's ok?

tibbysmum Mon 20-Jan-14 06:41:35

4lbs!!! grin

teaandthorazine Mon 20-Jan-14 06:43:43

Ok, I reckon my scales are crook. Because yesterday they said I hadn't lost anything, and today they say I have lost 4lbs! I'll go with that, I think! grin

Well done all, roll on week 2!

sybilfaulty Mon 20-Jan-14 06:59:00

Morning everyone! Some great losses here. Well done everyone. I've drunk some tea already which will skew mine so I'm going to weigh tomorrow.

one week down, one more BC to go. Then fruit, nuts and booze await (in v small amounts of course!)

HUrray!

StuntNun Mon 20-Jan-14 07:03:45

Woolfey if you can, take your own dressing to McDonalds as the ones they have are rubbish empty calories so you'll be starving five minutes later. Iirc the flamegrilled chicken and bacon salad is lowest carb and highest calories.

Remember TooMuch that your children's nutritional demands are a bit different to yours as they are growing and also presumably don't need to lose weight. So carrots, potatoes, rice and a small amount of whole grains can be included in their diet. It is hard to know where to draw the line though. I want my children to eat healthily but I also want to allow them to be children and eat ice cream, biscuits etc. occasionally.

One pound off for me but I blame DH for making deep fried pork belly slices last night for a snack! I wasn't even hungry but they were too delicious to resist. At least they were low carb but I don't want to think about the calorie count.

thekitchenfairy Mon 20-Jan-14 07:05:42

Morning all!!
Just a quick one to say 2lb down on Fri, unexpected wend away to celebrate a special first birthday. I decided on balance to do a BCLight weekend, SIL low-carbs but long car journey with DM was a challenge! I stayed away from the cake and snacks but wine was enjoyed. There will be damage but accepting sometimes life just gets in the way and this was much too special to stay home and BC!!

So a super strict few days for me, lots of water, have the cold from hell and do not wish to eat anything but will take lettuce egg mayo and ginger (for tea) to work as Lemsip is out.

Look forward to catching up with the thread later, have a good day ladies. Onwards and downwards...grin

Arbuthnot Mon 20-Jan-14 07:07:52

Was doing really well and had lost 3lbs but failed spectacularly at the weekend and am now a 1lb up sad

On a positive note it has given me the kick up the arse I need to actually do this properly! Am looking forward to this week and a much better next Monday!!

Arbuthnot Mon 20-Jan-14 07:11:01

(Did consider cheating but actually I think part of facing my disasterous eating will be honesty!)

scratchviolet Mon 20-Jan-14 07:20:00

Woo hoo! 3lbs off added to 4.5lbs last week on soft launch. One happy loser here! My phone can't cope with the Spreadsheet so will update later.
Good luck everyone for this week

LucyVFood Mon 20-Jan-14 07:21:26

Morning. I've lost 2lbs this week , which is great cos I'm 1lb off a stone from 2nd Jan! Happy. grin

blizy Mon 20-Jan-14 07:22:59

Morning all! I am down another 2 1/4 lbs, that's pretty much 8lbs off in 2 weeks (I done the soft start to BC). I am so pleased with this, even sceptical dh is thinking about joining now.

FourArms Mon 20-Jan-14 07:23:22

Just 0.8lb down for the week, but I'm fine with that as I've been LC for months (including over Chrisrmas) so didn't expect the initial big loss.

But as of yesterday I've lost 3 stone since 29/8 smile

blizy Mon 20-Jan-14 07:26:02

FourArms, that is bloody fantastic! You must be so proud of yourself. I really wish I had looked into this woe before now.

Seri77 Mon 20-Jan-14 07:28:14

3.5lbs off here so very happy. Assume most of that was bloat and glycogen stores. Having stuffed my face in a low carb fashion for last 2 weeks, I think my appetite is starting to decrease.

Went to French restaurant at weekend, ignored the bread, didn't eat the delicious looking potatoes, just had fish and veg. It was lovely and I had no room for the cheeseboard.

Things to focus on this week: maintaining adequate water intake at work, not eating cheese at every opportunity.

ChesterDrawers Mon 20-Jan-14 07:29:45

Bit down as not lost anything this week sad. But I am on week 3 and believe its notorious for weight loss to slow down. Gonna try to keep the dairy down a bit too - too easy to overeat.

Keeping on keeping on.

Today:

B: scrambled eggs and butter
L: salmon salad
D: beef stroganoff, swede mash, broccoli

Notsoskinnyminny Mon 20-Jan-14 07:31:55

4 off for me and 2.75 inches, my phone doesn't like the SOF so I'll update tonight. Have a good day everyone.

PS belated thanks to crabby for her blog, her recipes are delicious, I didn't know who'd written it.

OvercomeByGravity Mon 20-Jan-14 07:37:11

7lbs off! Oh yes, I have actually shifted half a stone in a week. V. proud of myself. Have weighed in on both spreadsheet and weight tracker but no personalised graph. Hmph. But very pleased otherwise!

Some difficulty today - don't want to stall myself with too much dairy, but have some leftover fish in the fridge that was bought for DS1's cookery lesson that must be eaten, except I can't think of a palatable way to do that which doesn't involve a lot of cream and cheese. Any thoughts?

OvercomeByGravity Mon 20-Jan-14 07:37:47

Oh, and 1.5 inches off my waist too. grin

wakemeupnow Mon 20-Jan-14 07:40:40

Wow ! 7 lost and lots of delicious low carb food eaten smile

Ruprekt Mon 20-Jan-14 07:41:53

Crabby....can you re link your website as it wont open. smilesmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now