Disney World Florida for beginners?

(6 Posts)
YumYumMummy Fri 03-Apr-09 23:48:10

Never thought I'd be asking this question - Disney has never really appealed to me but I know it will delight dd (nearly 4) no end! Want to try to go in May (bit late I know) to make the most of last time we will be able to go outside school hols. On resort hotels look over priced for what they offer; would be happy to do somewhere quite near that has free shuttle. Pool essential for some non-park days and self catering would be a bonus but not essential. 2 weeks preferable to make pain of jet lag worthwhile. Any recommendations? Thanks

mumnosbest Sat 04-Apr-09 17:49:05

If I were you, I'd wait till she's a little older, when she can remember it and really enjoy it. 7-8 is ideal.We took DS when he was little but we'll have to go back with DS and DD so they can remember it.

I'd reccomend a private villa. You can use the pool whenever you like then. We loved coming back after a long day at the parks and still being able to use the pool. Kissimee is close and lovely.

QuantitativeMeasure Sat 04-Apr-09 17:54:26

these arereally cheapand have excelent family accom- I have booked some accom from them for next year

[[ http://www.lowcostbeds.com/results.aspx]]

QuantitativeMeasure Sat 04-Apr-09 17:54:42
YumYumMummy Sun 05-Apr-09 20:40:59

Thanks for the replies. Mumnosbest your reply has made me re-think the whole Florida thing at this age - am now contemplating Paris. But will keep yours and QM's suggestion for when we go to Orlando in the future, as I'm sure we will!

Clayhead Sun 05-Apr-09 20:42:58

We went to Florida when dd was 4 and again when ds was 4 - they are 7 and 5 now and both remember their holidays really well - sometimes they remember things I forgot!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now