Help needed, we have 8 days in Florida. Wheres the best places to go?

(37 Posts)
mynaughtylittlesister Sun 22-Mar-09 22:04:05

Anyone got any advice.

We are going in just under 3 wks! (eek)

mynaughtylittlesister Mon 23-Mar-09 19:49:16

Oops! its not the Animal Kingdom we are staying in but the Sheraton Safari!blush Think its wishful thinking! LOL

brimfull Mon 23-Mar-09 19:54:32

cape canaveral ,kennedy space center
coco beach nearby

sarasota keys
busch gardens

Kbear Mon 23-Mar-09 20:17:07

See if there is a shuttle launch while you're out there - check the NASA website - we watched Discovery go up last May and it was FABULOUS - highlight of the trip for me.

MissHooliesclassmonitor Wed 25-Mar-09 22:16:10

Kbear - what resturants did you find the best value/for kids inside and out of Disney?

meadow6 Thu 26-Mar-09 12:39:48

The Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom was to me great value and fun for kids. Food was fantastic for both adults and kids and you pay a set price then eat as much as you like. Also Pooh, tiger etc come round each table a couple of times.

MissHooliesclassmonitor Thu 26-Mar-09 22:57:01

meadow - did you prebook a table or just turn up on the day?

meadow6 Fri 27-Mar-09 13:24:05

We have gone to restaurant when we have arrived at park and booked for lunch. Always managed to get a table. However to be sure I would book the day before in future.

MissHooliesclassmonitor Fri 27-Mar-09 13:54:57

ok, thanks for that

Buda Mon 27-Apr-09 13:30:41

We are just back from 11 days at The Animal Kingdom Lodge. Loved it. Need to dash to school in a min but will some back to this thread.

Space Mountain is closed at the moment.

There is a shuttle launch on 12 May apparently.

We didn't bother with any character dining places as DS not really into that.

He loved Epcot. Esp Soaring and Test Track and the Space one.

aussiegirl1 Wed 27-May-09 13:57:27

HI just got on to this site and read you where going to disney world Im going in oct
was just wondering if you could suggest where else i could stay as i have 4 days to kill
Thought miami but everybody said no
Tampa Bay ??
daytona Beach
I just dont know florida at all
I live in australia
and would love to see the sites can anybody help thanks a million

countesscaloriecounter Wed 27-May-09 14:10:54

Fort Myers Beach is a nice place to stay.Beautiful beach and places to eat and drink. You can also catch a boat from there to Key West. You get to Key West in time to spend afternoon there and then cruise back, and watch the sun set from the boat. We had dolphins swimming by the boat. I would really recommend that. There's nothing like seeing Key West for the first time from a boat.

Also I agree with Typhoon Lagoon. A great place to relax and unwind but with some good rides there too. It's lovely chilling out and floating around Lazy River.

Oh, I'm getting all excited now as we're off there again in July.smile

bellavita Wed 27-May-09 14:20:50

Clearwater is lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now