Where and when for a tropical long holiday with a 2yo?

(7 Posts)
zuzkah Fri 13-Mar-09 12:43:33

Hi there. We are going to move permanently from London to Oz soon-ish and are looking for a great holiday destination on a way there. We would love to stay for a month somewhere tropical and enjoy food, sun and the sea. However, we don't like crowds and with a 2yo we wouldn't mind to go off season when it's not sunny constantly so we don't need to worry about sunburn that much. Any ideas? Please help! oh yea, and would you stay in a hotel or a flat or something like that?

lory Fri 13-Mar-09 22:47:20

Go to Bali, Indonesia.
Island is beautiful, people are sooo nice with children, water is warm, food is fantastic (still remeber the banana pancakes for breakfast),and it is cheap. Avoid Kuta, I would suggest Legian, nusa dua is savage and unique ,but not for one month!
Rent a house with maid included for nothing, get lovely massage, put a flower in your hair and be happy. Still my favourite place on earth

rosbif Mon 16-Mar-09 11:53:16

Thailand as well, Khao lak perfect with toddlers.

zuzkah Mon 16-Mar-09 20:47:18

Thanks girls. What about Langkawi? I ve heard some good stuff about it. Anyone has gone with children?

rosbif Tue 17-Mar-09 05:39:50

Hi again, been to Langkawi but not with children. very lovely place, very quiet and upmarket. Stayed at the Westin resort, superb.

rosbif Tue 17-Mar-09 05:39:51

Hi again, been to Langkawi but not with children. very lovely place, very quiet and upmarket. Stayed at the Westin resort, superb.

hazlinh Tue 17-Mar-09 08:16:18

Hiya,
Langkawi is nice, it's a big enough island so there's loads to do if you get bored sunning yourself. You can go see waterfalls, go up the cable car and go on an elephant ride (near the cable car).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now