Sharm El Sheikh - any recommendations?

(9 Posts)
simonetaylor Tue 10-Jan-12 09:27:06

hi everyone I am thinking of taking my girls all inclusive to egypt in october any advice on where to stay (somewhere safe) as its just me and my girls ages 17 and 11. Or any ideas of somewhere else where it will be hot (but not mega bucks) thanks

bluesky Tue 06-Jan-09 18:01:01

£7k!! Who was that through?!

We booked our flights separately, booked direct with the hotel, and got them to pick us up from the airport. Think we went half board. There is a separate section of the hotel called Hyatt "Regency", which is more pricey, you get your canapes before dinner and other bits, but you don't need any of that!

Friends of ours liked the Hilton, there are 2 one on the sea side and one across the road.

Reviews can be useful but I find sometimes that they are a place for someone who has a grievance, and a place for them to moan. I don't think enough of us write a review for when we've had a fantastic time.

whooosh Tue 06-Jan-09 13:10:25

I am looking at this too and as soon as I find one I like,I read the reviews and am put off......Hyatt does look great but will be 3 adults and one child and quote was £7k B&B!!

MrsBadger Tue 06-Jan-09 12:13:29

Make sure you are on the 'sea' side of the road so the hotel has its own beach, not the desert side

bluesky Tue 06-Jan-09 12:11:36

The Hyatt is fantastic, we've been twice. Has it's own coral reef. It's sort of in a cove, so you can't see hotels on either side which is nice. Further towards the town, they all just seem to merge into one.

Great food, several pools.

Ewe Mon 05-Jan-09 15:55:57

I would imagine it's a mix of both as it is full of big hotels but on the coast so lots of opportunities to go diving.

Looks like I will have to trawl through trip advisor instead!

Zebraa Mon 05-Jan-09 13:46:07

Is it quite businessy here Ewe? I think DP has been here with work but I'm not sure if it was now because it wasn't very holidayish where he went, more conference etc.

Bump...

Ewe Mon 05-Jan-09 12:39:23

Bump!

Ewe Mon 05-Jan-09 00:05:15

Thinking of going end of March for some sunshine, looking at 4/5* hotels but they all seem much for much. Anyone been to one they would really recommend?

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now