Barbados with small children - hotel?

(8 Posts)
terribletwosome Wed 19-Nov-08 16:29:47

Hi -to splash out for my husbands 40th birthday and after a difficult year we are going to go to Barbados for a week early Jan. We will have a 4 month old, 2 and half yr old and a 4 and a half year old (please don't tell us we are mad!). Can anyone recommend any hotels that might suit us??? Thank you!!

poshtottie Wed 19-Nov-08 17:15:15

Stay on the west coast, very nice. Can you afford the Sandy lane, had lunch there and it looks lovely.

LAlady Tue 25-Nov-08 16:46:29

Try one of the hotels in the Elegant Hotels Group - in particular Crystal Cove and Turtle Beach Resort. Both are very child friendly, offer babysitting and childrens' clubs.

We have been to both with babies/toddlers and now children.

HTH

hifi Wed 26-Nov-08 12:24:53
sheba2288 Fri 28-Nov-08 13:13:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

We have been to Turtle Beach 5 times, and would highly recommend it - although my children are older than yours. But they have a fantastic kids' club, so I'm sure it would be good.

envy

Waltzywotzy Mon 01-Dec-08 23:39:20

If those hotels are out of your price range try Butterfly Beach
they have 2 Bedroom apartments (adjoining studios) and a nice pool, right on the beach. Close to St Lawrence Gap (where Turtle Beach is located). Not on all inclusive, with self catering.

I think Crystal Cove is more suited to families with older children as Crystal Cove is like a small hillside village with small winding paths and bridges, and I would not recommend it for double or single buggy use. Turtle Beach would be better suited out of the two for families with younger children considering the ages of your family. You'd need to check room occupancy as you may find you are forced to upgrade to fit you all in.

Rindercella Sun 21-Dec-08 22:40:48

I personnally wouldn't stay on the West coast. We have just come back from Barbados (1st time I have been in 5 years, but before that I used to go at least twice a year, so do know it pretty well) and I was totally shocked at how much the West coast has been desecrated by over-development. The Magniers, who own Sandy Lane, are building some monstrosity right next door which would be far better suited to Dubai. Whether or not you can afford to stay at Sandy Lane is beside the point imo, I am sure when you go to the Caribbean, you at least want to be able to see the sea when you drive along.

Either stay on the south/south east coast, or go further north west (Little Good Harbour is lovely). We had an apartment in the Gap, called Mistle Cove which was great. Thoroughly recommend it and it was right on the beach.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now