Anyone been to the Holiday Village Red Sea, Sharm El Sheik, Egypt? Going in November...

(31 Posts)
TheGoddessBlossom Mon 07-Jul-08 15:55:40

booked it today, looks lovely, be interested to hear any views on it. Cheers.

donnie Fri 09-Jan-09 12:40:39

haven't been to the holiday village on SES but went to the Cyprus one last may and really liked it.

marymagdalene Fri 09-Jan-09 12:45:13

That's good to hear. What type of room did you stay in? There are no kids dens left, only select. I suppose we will have to change their routine a bit and keep them up later (and hopefully they will sleep later!)

donnie Fri 09-Jan-09 12:49:09

mary - sorry, was that comment for me?

marymagdalene Fri 09-Jan-09 12:51:16

yes - sorry should have said!

donnie Fri 09-Jan-09 12:57:34

we stayed in one of the deluxe one bedroom apts - there are so many different types of room, we got confused! anyway it was fine - a separate room for dh and me and two sofas in the main living area which converted to beds for the dds ( 6 and 3 at the time) and comfy enough. Also the rooms have blackout blinds which helps, plus aircon. When are you thinking of going? we went May half term and it was pretty hot then. The dds really liked the kids clubs and the pool area is fantastic, best I have been to, plus there is a big splash pool with slides etc for the littler kids. Nice food...

we met some people who had a two floor apt there with rooms upstairs and a bigger balcony but I don't think we missed out. Ask for rooms in the newer fisherman village part as that's the section up by the pool area.

HTH

marymagdalene Fri 09-Jan-09 13:01:03

hmmm - am thinking of going next month, hence the sharm el sheikh option so should be hot. i don't think they had a seperate apartment option but will have another look. i have had a look on trip advisor and it has pretty good reviews, so i think we might give it a shot. Was just interested in any views as have never heard of holiday village until have looked into this holiday. Thanks for replying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now