Anyone been to the Holiday Village Red Sea, Sharm El Sheik, Egypt? Going in November...

(31 Posts)
TheGoddessBlossom Mon 07-Jul-08 15:55:40

booked it today, looks lovely, be interested to hear any views on it. Cheers.

DiscoDizzy Mon 07-Jul-08 15:56:16

I think we're going here at New Year so shall keep an eye on this thread.

TheGoddessBlossom Mon 07-Jul-08 16:00:24

Hey Disco. We have booked a family room with one of those kid's dens! Looks great, I searched for ages for a holiday where we could have all the kids facilities and a room so we could put the DSs to bed (2 and 4) and still be able to be up and moving around ourselves.

DiscoDizzy Mon 07-Jul-08 20:21:55

Yes I think we have one of those too, with a jacuzzi in the bathroom. One of our friends went last year and we booked on the strength of his description and the fact he had a great time. Our DDs will be 5 and 3 when we go.

TheGoddessBlossom Mon 07-Jul-08 20:39:53

oooh a jacuzzi, they have them on the balconys in some rooms too, how fab. Bunk beds will be interesting, hope the 4 year old doesn't fall out! I'll come on and start a thread after we get back so you can see how we got on!

TheGoddessBlossom Mon 07-Jul-08 20:39:55

oooh a jacuzzi, they have them on the balconys in some rooms too, how fab. Bunk beds will be interesting, hope the 4 year old doesn't fall out! I'll come on and start a thread after we get back so you can see how we got on!

TheGoddessBlossom Mon 07-Jul-08 20:39:55

mckenzie Mon 07-Jul-08 22:05:01

Will they have a kid's club at that time of year do you know? We're looking at the Reef Oasis Blue Bay for christmas time but it seems their kids club is from age 4 only and although DS will be fine (7), DD wont quite be 4 so we're not sure what there will be to keep her entertained for the couple of hours that DH and I would like to disappear for grin

mckenzie Mon 07-Jul-08 22:05:53

sorry, and should also have said that our friends went there last year and only reason they are not going back is because they never go to the same place twice!

deegward Mon 07-Jul-08 22:08:59

Going there on Monday so will let you know

TheGoddessBlossom Tue 08-Jul-08 09:16:04

have fun deegward! Please do come back and let me know. They do have a kids club at that time of year, I think it is from 4, but the website video shows a fully run creche for the small ones too. Our travel agent assured us that all facilities unless specified (ie football academy from April to Sept for eg) will be open all year round, as it is a year round destination. I figured though that as long as we can get our 4 year old occupied even just having one DS to look after would be a break!

Flier Tue 08-Jul-08 09:19:57

we went to the holiday village algarve in May and some of the first choice reps had just come from the Sharm el sheik village and raved about it, said it was fantastic.
hth

TheGoddessBlossom Tue 08-Jul-08 09:22:06

it does Flier. word of mouth is very helpful, thankyou.

Flier Tue 08-Jul-08 09:23:57

The rep in the creche was called Angel and was absolutely lovely with dd who was just under 2 at the time, she had just come from SES

TheGoddessBlossom Tue 08-Jul-08 09:26:06

do you pay extra for the kids club if you are going AI?

Flier Tue 08-Jul-08 09:29:36

kids club was free, but not sure if that was because there were a few facilities not completed yet on our site (they should have been available but weren't-new site)
We had to pay for the creche though, cheaper if you pay for 3 or more at once.

TheGoddessBlossom Tue 08-Jul-08 09:32:44

yes I think that kids club will be free but creche not, that sounds about right...

copycat Tue 08-Jul-08 21:52:34

157 reviews on Tripadvisor and loads more here on HolidayTruths smile Have a great time.

TheGoddessBlossom Thu 10-Jul-08 10:25:48

hmm maybe I shouldn't have read all those reviews. Petrified of our whole family getting the runs now! sad

copycat Thu 10-Jul-08 20:39:53

Ooops sorry TGB blush

zippitippitoes Thu 10-Jul-08 20:42:26

one of the best ways to avoid runs on holiday is to take probiotics before you go and while you are there you can get them in pills

boots doi them called probiotic and prebiotic

they arent suitable for under twelves tho

but they could take the yakult stuff tho its not as effective

We stayed in the hotel next door 6 weeks ago. We met some prople on the beach form here and they raved about it and the food.

Best advice I can give you is make usre you all pack shoes to wear in the sea (Adult Crocs are about £10 there) as theres lots of sea grass and sea snakes. Also lots of the anti bac hand cream stuff - most people get ill after touching the money (and it is filthy) - we used this stuff all the time and none of us where ill (4 adults, 1 DS)

I'd go back .....

zippitippitoes Thu 10-Jul-08 20:53:45

i went there diving in september not to that hotel but to sharm and only one person in our group was ill

if you wash your hands then you should be fine

TheGoddessBlossom Fri 11-Jul-08 07:52:16

oh brilliant. Thanks. grin

marymagdalene Fri 09-Jan-09 12:36:23

Just wondered if you had a good time - am thinking of booking? Thanks in advance

donnie Fri 09-Jan-09 12:40:39

haven't been to the holiday village on SES but went to the Cyprus one last may and really liked it.

marymagdalene Fri 09-Jan-09 12:45:13

That's good to hear. What type of room did you stay in? There are no kids dens left, only select. I suppose we will have to change their routine a bit and keep them up later (and hopefully they will sleep later!)

donnie Fri 09-Jan-09 12:49:09

mary - sorry, was that comment for me?

marymagdalene Fri 09-Jan-09 12:51:16

yes - sorry should have said!

donnie Fri 09-Jan-09 12:57:34

we stayed in one of the deluxe one bedroom apts - there are so many different types of room, we got confused! anyway it was fine - a separate room for dh and me and two sofas in the main living area which converted to beds for the dds ( 6 and 3 at the time) and comfy enough. Also the rooms have blackout blinds which helps, plus aircon. When are you thinking of going? we went May half term and it was pretty hot then. The dds really liked the kids clubs and the pool area is fantastic, best I have been to, plus there is a big splash pool with slides etc for the littler kids. Nice food...

we met some people who had a two floor apt there with rooms upstairs and a bigger balcony but I don't think we missed out. Ask for rooms in the newer fisherman village part as that's the section up by the pool area.

HTH

marymagdalene Fri 09-Jan-09 13:01:03

hmmm - am thinking of going next month, hence the sharm el sheikh option so should be hot. i don't think they had a seperate apartment option but will have another look. i have had a look on trip advisor and it has pretty good reviews, so i think we might give it a shot. Was just interested in any views as have never heard of holiday village until have looked into this holiday. Thanks for replying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now