Long Haul Family Holiday

(2 Posts)
loopyloo87 Thu 10-Nov-16 14:11:25

If you were able to go on a long haul holiday with kids of 11years old where would you go.. My hubby is giving me a choice of choosing our summer hols next year with our DD who will be 11
I haven't got a clue where to start, ideally somewhere with a beach we were keen on a cruise but they don't seem to cater for families much during the summer hols smile

bojorojo Thu 10-Nov-16 16:38:29

Really! Lots of cruises have children's clubs! Where are you looking? Personally i would do something a bit more interesting. We did a cruise to Alaska and flew to Seattle and finished in Vancouver. This was excellent and it was with Princess but there are other smaller, more personal boats, if you want to pay more. We also rented a small boat in the British Virgin Islands with the owners sailing and cooking. Totally recommend this. I would also recommend a villa on Virgin Gorda. There are several good developments near beaches and you can easily go to another island for a day out. We have also been to Ecuador and the Galápagos Islands. All of these are better than just vegging out on a beach. Also consider San Francisco to Los Angeles. Lots of beaches down Highway 1 and fantastic scenery too. We have also been to South Africa (the garden route has beaches) and several safari holidays in Kenya, and you can spend a week at the beach at the end. Children love safaris. Some lodges, eg Explorer, welcome children.

Hope this gets you started.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now