Milk for toddler on 7-8 hour flight?

(11 Posts)
mscongeniality Sun 06-Nov-16 19:44:47

Hi mums,

I was wondering if most airlines provide milk for toddlers on board or do we have to bring it ourselves? I can't imagine how I would be able to keep the milk fresh all day so wondering how to plan the trip!

Thanks

dementedpixie Sun 06-Nov-16 20:37:49

Take a carton of toddler milk maybe. Does he really need milk on the flight? You might be able to find uht cartons too

dementedpixie Sun 06-Nov-16 20:39:44

groceries.morrisons.com/webshop/product/Morrisons-Just-For-Kids-Semi-Skimmed-Milk/270564011 Morrison seems to do a semi skimmed version

trilbydoll Sun 06-Nov-16 20:42:34

I still give 18mo dd2 ready made formula if it's the easiest option, sometimes a little 200ml self contained carton is exactly what you need!

Longdistance Sun 06-Nov-16 20:43:51

You can get milk after security in all airports.

whatsagoodusername Sun 06-Nov-16 20:51:59

It depends on the airline.

Icelandair had enough for 1-2 cups of milk - for tea and coffee they just have the little uht pots so don't carry it. BA usually has a reasonable amount.

My DS2 is a milk fiend, does not go more than a couple of hours without it. We take a flask to the airport and ask Starbucks or similar to fill it airside. It's a bit of a pain, but infinitely better than not having it.

If young enough to drink it, you can preorder ready-made formula at some airports.

whatsagoodusername Sun 06-Nov-16 20:52:56

Milk in the flask lasts 12-24 hours, depending on how often you have to open it up!

Turquoisetamborine Sun 06-Nov-16 21:02:05

Yes the readymade bottles of follow on milk. We had one ready for the journey there but nothing for the flight back and it was a nightmare as the airport barely had a shop and they didn't provide milk on the flight so save one for the return journey.

SavoyCabbage Sun 06-Nov-16 21:08:43

You can take food and drink for 'an infant' over the 100mls rule but you must declare it and be prepared to taste it. Or buy it after security.

mscongeniality Sun 06-Nov-16 21:53:48

Thanks all!

I think I like the idea of the closed container of formula, sounds the easiest as he does still drink formula.

Unfortunately I have to have milk for him as he barely drinks any water.

badg3r Sun 06-Nov-16 23:33:03

Ask them to put it in the fridge for you when you get on the plane. They did this with DS's prescription, it's worth a shot.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now