Help me plan our Easter trip to Florida

(5 Posts)
clippityclop Sun 30-Oct-16 18:15:02

Usually more organised about holidays than this but it's been a busy year. We hope to spend 10-12 nights in Orlando this Easter to celebrate a special birthday. We've been once before, stayed on International Drive and spent our time at Disney, Epcot, Magic Kingdom etc no interest in Universal. This time everyone's keen to go to Animal Kingdom and the Magic Kingdom again. We're looking at accommodation around Disney Springs. Does anyone have recommendations for what we could do with the rest of our time, sightseeing beyond the parks? We're not keen to hire a car so any advice re local transport would be welcomed.

Awks Sun 30-Oct-16 18:21:47

We're going for 2 weeks next Easter too. We weren't going to go back but saw some cheap indirect flights so booked them and are taking extended family with us as these flights made Florida cheaper than Tenerife.

I don't like staying onsite as Disney's a bit intense for me. We stay generally near Championsgate as find access from there to the parks really easy but if you don't want to drive are you planning on staying in a Disney resort? If so the free dining plan ends 3 Nov so you'd best get a wiggle on to book.

2014newme Mon 31-Oct-16 10:12:15

Kennedy space centre is good for a day away from the parks. We drove but you can go on abuse trip, more expensive though.

mummymeister Mon 31-Oct-16 10:16:07

the book beyond wdw with kids is really useful for day trips outside of Disney. we found it really good. we looked into public transport but to be honest found it cheaper and easier to have a car. you can also look at perhaps getting a driver as this might work out cheaper than car hire and more convenient than the bus.

clippityclop Mon 31-Oct-16 21:54:36

Thank you, lots of food for thought.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now