mexico

(4 Posts)
DeliveredByKiki Fri 14-Oct-16 06:33:24

considering doing a 4 night trip to Mexico in the first week of January (disclaimer, we live in LA so shorter flight than from UK!)

We did it this year and it was fab, stayed at an AI which I swore I'd never do but it was on Riviera Maya so every day we managed to do something different (cenotes, ruins, lunch in nearby small towns etc) and it was great in terms of the children always had something they wanted to eat and enjoyed everything it had to offer and I managed to throw some culture in their direction.

I'd love to go again but wonder if we should do another part of the country or just go back to Riviera Maya and explore different parts we didn't get to do last time...WWYD?

We stayed at Sandos Eco-Resort last time but I'd be up for something smaller if it exists, with either pool or on the beach for DC, any recs?

mummymeister Fri 14-Oct-16 15:01:57

I go to Belize instead!!! have a look at the islands off of the main land or stay near the jungle/mayan temples. you would have a fab time and it would be a bit different.

fluffybaloon Sat 15-Oct-16 11:33:20

I'd second Belize if you can fly direct.
My favourite place on the Caribbean coast in Mexico is Tulum. No AIs, just funky Ecco hotels with an amazing beach.

DeliveredByKiki Sat 15-Oct-16 20:35:37

Oh interesting, hadn't even considered that

fluffy we loved Tulum as well, our AI was about 30mins up the coast so we mainly explored ruins and cenotes between the two

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now