Hawaii - what to do and see

(6 Posts)
WhyohWhyCantIThinkofaFabName Thu 13-Oct-16 23:21:12

We're hoping to visit Hawaii Easter 2017-does anyone have any 'must see/do' things that they can recommend - or best places to stay- there are three of us going 2 adults and a 17 year old lad," Any recommendations appreciated!

Sierra259 Thu 13-Oct-16 23:31:05

The Volcanic National Park on the Big Island was my favourite. We also did a helicopter flight over the active volcano. I really wish we'd had a chance to go to the observatory on Mauna Kea.

On Kuaui, you can do the "Jurassic Park" helicopter flight, where you land by the waterfall. There's also a 2 day hike on the northern N'pali coast which is inaccessible apart from on foot or by boat. You camp out overnight.

On Maui there's the Road to Hana which is a stunning coastal drive. Or you can do a trip to Haleakela where you watch the sunrise up a mountain at 10000 feet (take something warm to wear!). There's then the option to cycle back down.

We didn't go to Oahu but I would have liked to see the Pearl Harbour memorial.

I want to go back now! Have a marvellous time - it is simply stunning and a very friendly place.

mouldycheesefan Fri 14-Oct-16 09:27:14

Would love to go but every time I get a quote for a family of 4 it's £10k for flights and accommodation not including any food or spending money, to stay in a good quality hotel. Hopefully one day!

SorrelForbes Fri 14-Oct-16 09:28:37

Pearl Harbour is a must. I love Waikiki and think it's ideal for families.

NerrSnerr Fri 14-Oct-16 09:45:21

We stayed on Oahu and did a trip to the big island. We loved Waikiki, we enjoyed climbing up diamond head and going in all the bunkers (it was a really hot walk so would do it early in the morning). We got a bus to the north shore a couple of times and ate lunch at local diners and enjoyed watching the surfers.

WhyohWhyCantIThinkofaFabName Fri 14-Oct-16 22:23:33

Thank you all for your replies - sounds like you've had some brilliant times there..I can't wait..lots of planning to be done but we'll definitely be trying to fit in many of these suggestions!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now