Anyone bought Orlando flights lately

(10 Posts)
MerylPeril Wed 21-Sep-16 12:24:50

We're going to Disney next year and we haven't bought the flights yet!
We got even separately last time and paid £1800 for 2 adults and a child.

DH keeps wanting to hang on in case flights drop, they've been sitting on Virgin website at £1700-1800

Through sky scanner some flights for £1500 have come up (through a flight website) - someone tell me I'm not going to do better?

From Manchester btw - DH wants to pay £1400 (he's made this number up in his head)

MerylPeril Wed 21-Sep-16 16:02:43

Annnyone?????

4yoniD Wed 21-Sep-16 16:15:07

I'm no expert but have booked FL flights a few times. For me, close to but not in school holidays, I aim for £500 a person. Less is a good price, more - not so good. So depending on your dates I'd be happy at booking at 1500 for the 3 of you.

scrappydappydoo Wed 21-Sep-16 16:24:59

That's not too bad if you are going school holidays...but you could do better.
Virgin website are always tend to be the most expensive - make sure you clear any cookies before each search as you'll be surprised what effect that can have.
Have a look at ba, and Norwegian (from Gatwick), and some of the tour operators like first choice etc
Look at other price comparison sites - kayak, Expedia, dealchecker etc
Travel city direct and charter travel can sometimes do good prices on virgin flights too
Have a look at flights to Tampa - it's only an easy hour and a bit drive from Orlando and flights can be cheaper.
Finally - think about indirect - yes direct is better but you can save loads by adding just a few hours onto the journey. For example going indirect through Dublin also means you can clear US immigration before you leave Dublin which will save you a ton of time when you get there.
Hth

MerylPeril Wed 21-Sep-16 16:35:10

Thanks i will look at all those

I wish I could persuade DH to change flights - it's so much cheaper.
Gatwick seems to be a lot cheaper than Manchester but it's so far and we are time pressed as it is (with DHs work)
We used to have a cheap local flight to Dublin but it's gone now, it's so annoying!!!

However - I'm going to make my friend look up the flights on her computer just now!!

scrappydappydoo Wed 21-Sep-16 16:49:46

When are you going?
Easter holidays are the busiest and most expensive so unlikely you'll get an amazing deal (but not impossible)
Summer is more flexible and the later you go the cheaper it will be e.g last two weeks of august.

MerylPeril Wed 21-Sep-16 17:23:29

Should have said - over half term (in the middle)

skippy67 Thu 22-Sep-16 21:28:17

we've booked for June next year. £1800 for 4 of us with Virgin

MerylPeril Thu 22-Sep-16 23:03:48

Skippy was that direct with Virgin, where's that from?

skippy67 Fri 23-Sep-16 19:05:51

From Gatwick, direct with Virgin, 4 adults.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now