Asia in August

(3 Posts)
Puzzledmum Mon 19-Sep-16 21:56:40

We have a month (August 2017) to travel and were hoping for some ideas around Asia. Two adults and a teen 16yo.
We were thinking Sri Lanka, Indonesia, Singapore and Malaysia. Do you think it is doable to visit all four and is the weather good in August in these places? We originally thought of doing Central America but were dissuaded as apparently the weather could be terrible then. Any ideas most welcome!smile

ShanghaiDiva Wed 21-Sep-16 07:17:35

Weather wise Singpaore is pretty much the same year round - hot and humid.
Indonesia - (I've only been to Bali and Java) is dry in August and so is Malaysian Borneo.
I think it's a lot for 4 weeks, but depends what you want to see. Singapore only needs a few days - night safari and zoo, Sentosa, Little India, Universal studios and some interesting museums.
Malaysia - recommend Borneo - great for long houses, ornagutans in the wild, kayaking. Kuching is nicer than Kota Kinablau imo.
Indonesia - Bali has good weather then - combine a stay on the coast with some time in Ubud.
Sri Lanka - not sure about the weather as I went 18 years ago in the winter - perhaps one week travelling - sigiriya, tea picking area, Kandy, Galle, elephant orphange and then a few days at the beach.

Puzzledmum Wed 21-Sep-16 17:34:51

Thank you so much Shanghaidiva! That is exactly what I'd like to do, a full on holiday! I'll check all these places and shall start booking!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now