Help planning trip to Thailand

(2 Posts)
Redtartanshoes Mon 19-Sep-16 20:41:06

I'm thinking of taking ds9.5 to Thailand, late Nov, early Dec for 2 ish weeks.

I'd love to go to Chaing Mai for a few nights, then 5 or 6 nights near the beach but with stuff to do, then a couple of night in Bangkok on the way home.

Other than that I have no idea in locations/hotels/internal flights or actually whether I'm mad to even consider doing this just the two of us?

He's really laid back and happy to chill out/amuse himself so while I'd like to do things... elephants, cook school, snorkelling I'm not worried about entertaining him 24/7

ShanghaiDiva Wed 21-Sep-16 14:08:11

You can fly from Chiang Mai to Phuket with Air Asia which is usually pretty reasonable. Chiang Mai has lots of temples and I did a great cookery course there. For Phuket I recommend the north of the island as it is quieter with nice restaurants on the beach and no night clubs. I have stayed at the indigo pearl and the dewa resort there, both are close to the airport.
Bangkok is great for temples, palace and shopping. Traffic can be horrendous so it's a good idea to stay somewhere near a sky train stop. I have stayed at the ariyasom villa which is really nice. It's also easy to do a couple of day trips from Bangkok - Kanchanaburi for the bridge over the river kwai and Ayuthaya is also great.
I took my children (aged 9 and 3) to Thailand on my own and we had a great time so I don't think your mad to consider going with your son.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now