Nowhere To go

(11 Posts)
lostowl Sun 18-Sep-16 18:09:22

Does anyone feel like there's nowhere to go anymore?

We have 2 children under 4. We haven't been abroad with them yet but what with all the terrorism etc in the world I really don't know where's safe to go!

Any ideas for next Summer short or long haul?

specialsubject Mon 19-Sep-16 09:32:54

Nowhere is safe - the uk is on high terrorism alert amd has been for years, and of course our roads arent safe either.

Point being - as long as you avoid the obvious war zones the risk is no higher.

Why go long haul with two that young? Plenty of scope in.europe.

lostowl Tue 20-Sep-16 06:44:21

Simple because I can't think of anything good for kids in Europe. Any ideas?

I don't want to go back to France, Cyprus or Portugal. Spain would be ok but I think Asia has more pull for me. I'm undeniable illusions that the flight with children this young would be terrible! But it could be worth it if we had an amazing time!

lostowl Tue 20-Sep-16 06:45:06

*under no illusions

Oh and it would be great if the kids had a good time too grin

kirinm Tue 20-Sep-16 10:21:12

We've flown to the Caribbean several times and there are always fairly young kids on board. Honestly, although there's some crying, I've never noticed them being particularly loud or difficult - the parents might tell a different tale but from a passengers point of view, I've never felt like young kids have 'spoilt' my flight. It's a relatively quick flight too (8 hours out and 7 hours back).

I'm not sure if that's what you were worried about though.

specialsubject Tue 20-Sep-16 12:02:01

what didn't you like about those countries? Might help to identify what you would like.

LuchiMangsho Tue 20-Sep-16 12:11:17

Go on city breaks. Mine love it. Most European cities are v kid friendly. Otherwise go to Thailand/India/China/Sri Lanka/Japan if you want to travel to Asia. Or go to the States if you want long haul.
We travel a lot with kids- with under 5s this year we have done Barcelona, India, Athens, Paris, Brussels, Lyon and Geneva. It's not a lying on a beach holiday but they were all quite relaxing. Next summer we are going back to Greece/ we will start in Athens and then finish on one of the islands. And possibly Sri Lanka with our family in Asia over the winter.

mouldycheesefan Tue 20-Sep-16 12:43:09

Took my five year olds to Mauritius. Was lovely. Don't think terrorism is rife there.
Caribbean

ShanghaiDiva Wed 21-Sep-16 07:10:49

Austria is lovely for kids.

mummymeister Wed 21-Sep-16 10:19:51

Canada, florida, Cyprus, Crete, city breaks, WDW, lake garda, Croatia.... yes I could go on and on. some fabulous places out there. if you are stuck for ideas have a look on tripadvisor and check out the various trip reports for different countries.

dontcallmethatyoucunt Sun 25-Sep-16 21:08:31

I feel the opposite, too many trips, not enough time. I have refused to travel to a few places that I feel are more vulnerable to attacks, but the world is huge and loads to see.

We're taking ours to Cuba, a mix of sights and beaches.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now