Am I right in thinking breastfeeding will be a positive thing on a long flight?

(3 Posts)
Titsalinabumsquash Mon 05-Sep-16 09:44:27

We're going on a Starlight Wish holiday for Christmas to Florida, it's a 9hr flight thereabouts and we have 4 children who have never knowingly flown, (12,10,4 and 18 months)

Recently we've been thinking about weaning DD off the breast for a number of reasons but I think it's worth holding off until the new year because it's calms her and settles her and that's going to be helpful on a plane, DP says she'll be fine just having a cuddle and playing for he journey, she doesn't have a seat she's on our knees.
So jury of Mumsnet, what's the score?

ScarletBegonia1234 Mon 05-Sep-16 20:08:30

I have a 17 month old and have a 10 hr flight next month. It is the main reason I am still bf and I am planning to fully wean on my return! I think it will be really useful not only on the plane but also for comfort/reassurance in the new surroundings on holiday

Crazycatlady83 Mon 05-Sep-16 22:46:19

Yes! This is the exact reason why I haven't weaned my 15 month DS - took a long haul flight yesterday and it was so easy! I knew he would calm down if he feed, and I could get him to sleep (haven't breastfeed to sleep for ages but he refuses to sleep anywhere other than his cot at the moment so needed to be able to get him to sleep!) It really helped me to be calm about the whole thing and so I guess that rubbed off on him!

Enjoy your holiday!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now