Teens, last family holiday, end October - please contribute ideas!

(6 Posts)
Luggige Tue 23-Aug-16 20:33:29

We are hoping to take our dds, who will be 16, 14 and 12, for a two week holiday at the end of Oct 2018. I want it to be a holiday to remember (we usually do a week or so in a cottage/villa in France /Spain every other year).

I am saving for this, but we won't have mega £££. 5-6K for 5 people.

Where could we go that will broaden their horizons? See things outside of their lives so far? Inspire them, educate them?

Open to anything/any place, as long as it's pretty safe.

Cuick your ideas at me please! Or tell me if you've done this kind of thing and it went well/badly! Thank you!

mouldycheesefan Thu 25-Aug-16 08:39:18

Could you get Iceland for that budget? Not sure whether you could? Perhaps for a mini break?
Tour of European cities, perhaps by train? Eg.Amsterdam, Barcelona etc
Hebrides
End October is out of season for many places, not sure whether island hopping round Greece would be a possibility?
Canaries, lanzarote has lava fields, culture, art.
Ireland

mouldycheesefan Thu 25-Aug-16 08:40:17

Also, why is it the last family holiday? Oldest child is only 16?
Personally I would take teens to New York for a few days.

Pinkpeanut27 Tue 30-Aug-16 22:36:32

Agree just back from New York with my teens who moan about every holiday we go on and they loved it to bits. We did 12 days so we didn't have to rush about doing things all the time and had some down time chilling out , it was amazing .

DesperatelySeeking2016 Fri 16-Sep-16 21:32:53

I agree that NYC would be fab for the kids. When I was 16 we flew into Washington DC, got the greyhound bus to Boston and then the train to NY and then flew home from there. It was a fantastic holiday!
I would love to visit Vietnam, Costa Rica and Japan but don't know if I would have been so keen as a teenager.
Could you ask them for some suggestions?

PikachuSayBoo Fri 16-Sep-16 21:41:56

Costa Rica would be amazing.

You could go to Arenal for the volcano, then the cloud forest for a few days. Tree top walk ways and major long zip wires. Then move on to Manual Antonio and the rain forest and beaches.

But check if you're out of the "green" season (rainy season) in Oct.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now