Newark airport to Manhattan taxi?

(6 Posts)
AniceMNetter Tue 23-Aug-16 07:42:18

Hi, Please can anyone suggest a taxi company I can pre book to take us from Newark airport to Manhattan, we arrive around 1pm. Was thinking of picking up a NJ taxi from the airport but just checking if any knowledgable MNetters can suggest otherwise. I found dial 7 online $48 but doesn't include tolls, wait times etc is that good?

Thanks so much

GoneClubbing Tue 23-Aug-16 07:51:45

We've used supershuttle.com at several US airports, it's great.

Hassled Tue 23-Aug-16 07:56:13

Dial7 are pretty good - and $48 isn't bad at all. I think we paid something like $55 in a standard taxi (I managed to book Dial7 for the wrong day).

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 23-Aug-16 08:35:49

There is no real need to prebook; there are plenty of taxis at Ground Transportation along with a taxi dispatcher who will ask you where you are heading and give you a ticket telling you the fare. I think we paid around $55 in all including the tolls.

If there are for instance three of you and you each have a suitcase you will need a taxi van (the dispatcher will call for one of them as well); standard taxi boots/trunks are not big enough to take three hold sized suitcases.

Supershuttle are worth considering but they do make multiple stops.

AniceMNetter Tue 23-Aug-16 09:40:13

Thank you very helpful.

Pinkpeanut27 Tue 30-Aug-16 22:34:22

Carmel cars are worth a look. We used them 20 yrs ago when we lived out there and again 2 weeks ago when our pre booked limo didn't turn up . They have cars at the airport and loads of posters and a little free phone area I think there was a money off coupon as well.
We had a 6 seater van for 5 of us and 4 cases abs 5 back packs the wait was 5 mins. It cost us $90 all in with a generous tip . Less people was cheaper.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now