Requirement for extra six months on passport, how strict is this?

(9 Posts)
fakenamefornow Wed 03-Aug-16 21:08:12

We're going to the Caribbean soon and the country we're going to requires that passports are valid for six months AFTER your departure date. My ten year PLC's passport is two days short of this. What should I do?

fakenamefornow Wed 03-Aug-16 21:49:16

Anyone help? Panicking a little.

budgiegirl Wed 03-Aug-16 23:41:19

Not sure how strict it is, but do you have time to apply for a replacement passport? If you can get a replacement, I would do so for peace of mind

lovelyupnorth Thu 04-Aug-16 08:07:45

Renew it the 6 months will be added to your new passport so you won't loose out

dementedpixie Thu 04-Aug-16 08:12:47

They add up to 9 months onto a renewal passport so I would get it done now.

mouldycheesefan Thu 04-Aug-16 08:12:47

Renew it. You would regret it if they were strict.

dementedpixie Thu 04-Aug-16 08:13:44

Where are you off to?

ShanghaiDiva Thu 04-Aug-16 08:39:50

Renew it - I speak from experience. Had problems with this once with dd's passport. Let's just say only 2 of the 4 of us ended up on the plane sad

fakenamefornow Thu 04-Aug-16 18:44:07

I've booked an urgent renewal, 90 bloody quid! The first appointment they have is middle of next week unless I want to go to Belfast or Glasgow. The passport then takes a week. Assuming all goes well, post arrives on time, there's JUST enough time, no slack at all. I really wish they did a one day service for children or at least had an earlier appointment we could get too.

ShanghaiDiva Sorry you fell foul of this. It's so annoying her passport doesn't expire until February ffs, it's TWO DAYS outside of the limit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now