Antipodes - UK with 4 month old

(3 Posts)
pingoose Sat 30-Jul-16 01:31:40

Any general tips to make it an OK trip?!
And more specifically, I'm wondering what to do with our pram - we're taking it with us as he can nap in it during the day, but should we take it to the gate for each flight, or get it wrapped at the start and check it right through? I don't want it to get ruined.
Sleepwise, should we try to get him on UK time while we're there? Or just go with the flow and realise we're going to be walking zombies for 3 weeks smile

Ditsy4 Sat 30-Jul-16 01:43:12

Feed on take off and landing . It is supposed to help with the change in air pressure.
Not sure about the pram. I'd be inclined to want it at the changeover if you can. Depends on the size. Have you seen the way the throw stuff about? Keep a pair of light weight trousers and two tops with you in hand luggage in case baby is sick or poos on you. Anyway I like to have a wash and change before landing it makes you feel much better if you do. Also handy if they lose you luggage as at least you have another set of clothes.
Yes, I would get him on
UK time or you will be zombies and not enjoy your trip. Take a camera! Make sure you bring driving licence for hire car and you will need to make sure they have put a car seat in.
Hope you have a lovely time.

pingoose Sat 30-Jul-16 09:10:16

Thanks ditsy. Seeing the luggage thrown about is why I thought about getting it wrapped at the airport, and just using a carrier for the stopovers.
DS has just started sleeping through the night - I know we won't get that lucky while we're over there, but will try for some semblance of a routine!
Thankfully MIL is lending us her car, and has sorted out a car seat for us, one less thing to worry about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now