London v Sydney

(5 Posts)
crazycatguy Sat 23-Jul-16 11:42:26

Massive dilemma...!

DP and I live in suburban relative bliss in North London. He has a good job working with a private healthcare firm, and I teach. Without putting on my braggy pants, we both earn well and have no dependants.

He has been shortlisted for a job in Sydney. It was always his dream to live and work in Australia and when we pursued this many years ago when opened up the 'partner' criteria (we're same sex and unmarried) we were early in our careers, had nothing in the UK so didn't care and it only fell through as his father passed away and we had to stay here.

In short, if he gets it, I'm really rather worried. I'd not be working and although we could live on the salary he'd be offered, we'd seemingly have a decline in lifestyle. On the other hand we're both mid 30s and Australia tightens up once one of the parties is past 39 so now would be the time.

Am I over reacting? WWYD?

Roygrace Sat 23-Jul-16 11:45:32

What's the dilemma? To stay or go?

crazycatguy Sat 23-Jul-16 23:33:49

Exactly that!

BackforGood Sat 23-Jul-16 23:48:53

Why couldn't you work ? The whole world needs teachers.

crazycatguy Sun 24-Jul-16 09:16:51

Australia appears not to need them as much as we do! Already exiled in the UK as my home country doesn't need them at all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now