Canada -- west coast

(7 Posts)
itwillbebetter Wed 20-Jul-16 15:39:16

Went to Canada last year and fell in love and so planning another trip next year. Looking for some inspiration on other places on the West Coast. We have already seen Calgary, Banff, Jasper, Whistler, Vancouver and Vancouver Island (Tofino)
We would like to try some other places on the West Coast, any recommendations at all? We will be going for 3 weeks in early July.

PotteringAlong Wed 20-Jul-16 15:40:39

Go into the USA and go to Seattle. Love it!

PotteringAlong Wed 20-Jul-16 15:41:51

Or go east coast - Halifax, Montreal, Ottawa, Prince Edward Island are all great.

Out2pasture Wed 20-Jul-16 15:48:13

Victoria and dipping into Seattle is lovely.
Haida Gwaii is special.
Kooteneys is interesting.
Okanogan unique.

nmg85 Thu 21-Jul-16 10:36:45

Another vote for the East Coast - New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and PEI are great.

Normandy144 Thu 21-Jul-16 10:44:49

Check out the Okanagan. It's a drive from Vancouver or a short 45 min flight into kelowna. Everything is centred around lake okanagan so lots of opportunities for watersports on the lake. It's fruit growing country so the peaches and cherries are fabulous at this time of year - lots of fruit stands on the road side. Kelowna is the biggest town but places like Penticton, Peachland and Summerland are sleepy tourist towns. It's also wine country so.lots of vineyards in the area - mission hill is the biggest and has a fab restaurant and views over the lake.

mummymeister Thu 21-Jul-16 11:53:26

itwillbebetter one of our best family holidays! honestly, I have loads of info. please pm me if you want me to forward it. we did a 3 week trip. flew into Vancouver, 5 days in Sechelt for the chilling out and float plane ride - fantastic villa on the lakeside, stunning. 4 days in a high rise flat in Vancouver - all modern and glass, then 5 days up in Jasper in a log cabin where we went white water rafting amongst other things and finally 6 days in Golden in a log cabin that felt like it was in the middle of nowhere then we flew home. did huge number of fab things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now