New England August do we need mozzie spray?if so which one? ps. Mozzies etc LOVE me

(6 Posts)
freetrampolineforall Sun 03-Jul-16 18:49:39

Hi
We'll be staying with family in NY in August and doing a couple of New England road trips. Do we need mozzie spray and , if so, which do you recommend? Mozzies love me - I haven't been in mozzie territory for years. Neither has DH. Dd (9) has never been in mozzie territory. They usually LOVE me. Thanks

iknowimcoming Sun 03-Jul-16 19:02:08

I have no info on New England, sorry, but I am also irresistible to mosses and find that daily vitamin b supplements make me far less so (recommended by my gp) and when we were in the Caribbean at Easter the boots repel stuff also worked very well. Have fun!

ButtonLoon Sun 03-Jul-16 19:13:10

Depends on where you are, some areas have more, some fewer. Why not just have your rellies pick some up for you?

We were in the Adirondacks last summer and in the woods there were swarms of massive mozzies.

freetrampolineforall Sun 03-Jul-16 19:27:00

Thanks for the tips.

mummymeister Mon 04-Jul-16 15:14:37

Boots 50% deet is the only stuff that keeps them away from me and (some of) my DC. we are just magnets to them.

I tried all the other things like garlic capsules 3 weeks before and extra vits but at the end of the day its deet or bitten.

freetrampolineforall Wed 06-Jul-16 19:20:05

Thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now