New York Pass

(5 Posts)
SandyisinCaldwell Mon 27-Jun-16 13:26:55

Hi: I'm going to New York in September and I'm not sure whether to get one of the New York passes or just pay individually through viator before we travel? Can anyone help? Also, do you know the best website to book a show through? Any help appreciated.

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 27-Jun-16 15:42:00

Have used the NYC pass and found it to be very useful. It saved time (some attractions have NY pass lines) and money too.

This pass is valid for use on consecutive days so it you have a five day pass it will be valid from Monday to Friday inclusive regardless of how often you have used it in between.

Would check reviews re Broadway shows; TKTS in Times Square sell tickets but they only accept purchases made in person.

MrsEricBana Mon 27-Jun-16 17:50:18

It does depend what you're planning to do really. They are good value but equally if you're just planning to soak up the place and see the sights generally then you may not want to rush from attraction to attraction.
For my money the unmissables are Central Park (not carriage ride), Highline (free), Staten Island Ferry (free), walk across Brooklyn Bridge, see view of Manhattan from Brooklyn Bridge Park (pizza at Juliana's!), walk back across bridge, mooch round Gansevoort Market and Chelsea Market, explore West Village, Greenwich Village, Meatpacking District & Soho on foot, walk up Madison Avenue and 5th Avenue, explore area round the Rockefeller Centre, 911 Memorial (but not the museum), go to a classic diner, Ellen's Stardust diner - none of this needs a ticket. On top of this top must dos that need tickets are Empire State Building at night (better than Top of the Rock as although both good the ESB is just iconic) plus the Guggenheim Museum and the Metropolitan Museum of Art, which you can just buy tickets for on the door. Also the Met has a suggested entrance fee but you can just pay what you feel is appropriate (they are hugely well supported and they won't suffer). If you have dcs the American Museum of Natural History is good too (but NOT Central Park Zoo). Have an amazing time - I heart NYC!

SandyisinCaldwell Tue 28-Jun-16 12:19:24

Thank you so much for your replies smile

SnugglySnerd Tue 28-Jun-16 12:21:28

We found it really useful and also visited some good museums and galleries that we probably wouldn't have done if we'd had to pay separately for them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now