Hotels for families of 5

(4 Posts)
Notbigandnotclever Tue 14-Jun-16 10:22:30

We are doing a US road trip this summer and I am desperately looking for hotel/motel chains that will let us all sleep in 1 room. We are doing East Coast New York/Florida areas. We have found an independent hotel in NY that lets us have 5 in a room and the Disney hotels will do it but I'm struggling to find the information for the chains, especially the budget ones.

The kids are all pre teen and would happily pile into one bed with us in another it's just finding a chain that allows this. We don't really want to split if at all possible. I could do with finding a chain that won't mind so we know we can hunt for that chain as we go down.

Does anyone have experience of any of the US chain hotels with regards to this? (Quality Inn, Best Western, Comfort Inn, Microtel, Motel 6, Days Inn type places ideally. We would like to save our budget for our Disney blowout in the middle!)

Thank you in advance lovely MNers.

budgiegirl Tue 14-Jun-16 10:59:49

Try anything that ends in Suites - so Embassy Suites, Springhill Suites, Homewood Suites, Fairfield Suites, La Quinta Suites. They often have rooms with two double beds plus a separate lounge area with a sofa bed. Ideal for 5.

Our favourite of these is Embassy Suites - great breakfast buffet and free drinks and snacks early evening - it saves a fair bit of money, we've stayed in several and they are all pretty much the same.

Notbigandnotclever Wed 15-Jun-16 09:41:44

Brilliant thanks

CointreauVersial Sun 19-Jun-16 23:03:54

Try using Booking.com.

You can specify at the start that you want 5 people in one room, and it will come up with options in the area/price you specify.

It's quite common in the US to have a Double Queen room, which has two double beds, with the option of a pull-out/sofa bed.

We've booked all of our summer road-trip hotels uing this. I would give you some pointers, but we're going to California!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now