Holiday with great kids facilities

(6 Posts)
mouldycheesefan Wed 08-Jun-16 17:32:55

Looking for a holiday for 2017 with great kids activities. My children like participating in organised activities, kids clubs etc. Age 9-10.
We have previously done:
-neilsons- fab kids activities but very expensive in school hols and I prefer a higher standard of beach and accommodation
-Mauritius- great kids club with pony riding, water skiing etc and kids could choose to have dinner with their friends if they wanted
-Mexico- again great kids club with loads of different activities, also done a two centre Mexico and USA city break
-Florida- not so good on the kids clubs options

My dcs like-being able to go to the club as and when they want to,p and leave as and when they want to- not booking in advance. They may want to go for half an hour or may choose to stay all day. They like a wide range of activities have included at different locations swimming, cooking, zorbing, trampolines, splash pads, shows, sailing, etc. They like the option to have lunch or dinner with club if they want to.

We like- good beach, pool and accommodation. Excellent food. We don't want first choice or thomsons holiday village type set up. We don't want to go to North Africa. We like exploring local area. Happy with a resort type hotel if of high standard. Happy with two centre holiday.

Would like to keep under £6k if possible for two weeks but can go over.
Happy to take kids put of school for a few days.

Any suggestions?
Thanks very mich

randomthoughts Thu 09-Jun-16 22:17:49

Having also been to Mauritius and Mexico, and being impressed by the standard of the kids clubs we're trying Phuket next Easter with a couple of nights in Kuala Lumpur on the way across. Researching the hotels there seem to be a lot which offer great kids facilities and activities, and the cost for good hotels is low.

mouldycheesefan Fri 10-Jun-16 07:33:29

Thanks for replying, which hotel in Phuket are you staying ?
Singapore plus somewhere else may be an option there seems a lot for families in Singapore. Previously been to langkawi which was lovely that was pre dcs though.

randomthoughts Sun 12-Jun-16 06:57:58

We're staying at Indigo Pearl. It doesn't look overrun with kids, but at the same time seems to value them as guests. The Easter photos from this year looked great with loads of activities. We're hoping for the same this year. The JW Marriott looked good too.

mouldycheesefan Sun 12-Jun-16 17:06:00

Phuket rally doesn't appeal, I looked at Thailand last year and ended up not really fancying it. I will look at the Marriott and indigo park and ask travel agent how far they are from dodgy Phuket. Thanks for the rcommendstion really appreciate it.

randomthoughts Sun 12-Jun-16 20:12:21

I think they're quite away away. Indigo Pearl in in Nai Yang, near the airport, just a handful of hotels and a few beach restaurants. We're going to do a few tours for snorkelling etc, put will be avoiding patong etc. We haven't been before, so we may hate it, but it seems to tick most of the boxes!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now