Eddison hotel NYC or Wyndham New Yorker : has anyone stayed at either of these

(9 Posts)
YellowPrimula Tue 24-May-16 15:00:53

We are going to NYC in December , these two hotels have been suggested , there are five of us two teens , a twenty something and Dh and myself .I am a bit worried that the Time sq hotel will be very noisy?

Any advice welcome

YellowPrimula Wed 25-May-16 13:59:26

Bump , anyone able to give general advice re these hotels ?

MrsBartlet Fri 27-May-16 12:44:19

Don't know these hotels (sorry) but just wanted to say that if you are high enough up, Times Square won't be especially noisy. We stayed there 3 years ago and were on 32nd floor so was fine. You do hear the taxis beeping their horns but I quite liked that as it felt like I was in the middle of New York grin We are going back again in the summer and have booked to stay in Times Square again (although a different hotel).

realhousewife23 Mon 30-May-16 06:02:56

The Wyndham New Yorker is in a good central location, not the nicest part of town but absolutely fine. I've stayed in one of the newly renovated rooms which was nice, modern and clean but small (but that's typical for NY rooms). There's a Starbucks just opposite, a diner attached to the hotel and a hotel bar. The hotel was very busy when I was there, lots of guests in the lobby made it a bit hectic at times, but it's a typical tourist hotel and a safe choice.

Fredmitten Sat 04-Jun-16 11:58:03

Have stayed at the Eddison, you do need to buy up in room quality, we had one of the older ones and it was pretty grim. Great location for main tourist sites though and diner next door did fab breakfasts.

Bluecarrot Sat 04-Jun-16 12:03:03

Agree re Edison. Our room was pretty awful - nothing like the rooms they showed on the site. Location was FANTASTIC though.

budgiegirl Sun 05-Jun-16 16:48:17

We've stayed at the New Yorker twice, and really liked it. We were very lucky each time and got a 'double double' room, so nice and big with two double beds and a great view.

The hotel rooms start on the 20th floor, so it's not too noisy, although you can still hear traffic and sirens etc. But that's part of the 'charm' of New York! We had great view of the Empire State Building and the Chrysler building.

It's well located, easy walking distance to Macey's, ESB, Times Square etc, and it's right by a subway stop. And the Tick Tock Diner on the ground floor was great for breakfast.

I'd stay there again in a heartbeat, if you can get a good price.

HermioneWeasley Mon 06-Jun-16 21:27:30

We stayed in the Warwick which is just off 6th ave, and a couple blocks south of Central Park. It was excellent

GottaGetThisDone Wed 08-Jun-16 18:04:40

We stayed in Wyndham New Yorker - we loved it - we stayed March 2015 and then again January this year. We had a 40th floor room that had 2 rooms, fantastic view of River, Empire State and Madison Square Garden. The 24hr diner on ground floor is fab too smile definitely recommend and will definitely stay there again next year - if i can persuade DH we need a 3rd yr in a row break

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now