Travelling for second time on ESTA

(10 Posts)
Tequilamockinbird Thu 05-May-16 21:01:20

DH and I are Travelling to the US later this year. We got our ESTAs before our previous trip earlier this year, and so they are still 'in date'.

When I originally applied for them, I'm fairly sure I had to state where we would be visiting, hotel we were staying in etc

Do I need to do anything like this for the second trip? And if so, how do I do it?

andadietcoke Thu 05-May-16 21:03:55

Yes, just go in and update it with your flights and hotel for this time.

Tequilamockinbird Thu 05-May-16 21:20:08

Excellent, thank you smile

PatriciaHolm Fri 06-May-16 13:28:49

You don't have to though. I checked when we travelled for a second time on ours last year and it's not necessary.

Tequilamockinbird Fri 06-May-16 13:37:15

Thanks Patricia, I'll go onto the website and have a look.

I've got the ESTAs printed out too, not sure if accommodation etc is listed on there but I'll have a look.

Although nobody even looked at or asked for the copies when we went through immigration!

mummytime Fri 06-May-16 13:38:36

You do have to provide at least one accommodation address to your airline.

Tequilamockinbird Fri 06-May-16 13:41:38

Yes, I've done the airline part. It's a package so gave details to travel agent and they've updated airline.

RTKangaMummy Fri 06-May-16 13:43:31

Also you have to have a modern passport as in one with the microchip thingy in it to get into USA

PatriciaHolm Fri 06-May-16 13:45:50

You don't need printed copies either, it's all done electronically. You need to keep a copy of the number for future reference, but the airlines get the number electronically.

Tequilamockinbird Fri 06-May-16 13:57:48

Ah, that explains why nobody looked at the paper copies then.

Passports are only 2 years old so they're fine too.

Technology eh? It'll never catch on wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now