What to do in/around Baltimore

(4 Posts)
SanDiegoSunsets Mon 28-Mar-16 17:12:19

My dd (age 10) and I have been invited to Baltimore for a few days in the summer. I want to make the most of it if we do go and stay for a couple of weeks. I want to keep the cost to a minimum so will probably stay in the same area (rather than flying to another part of the states to see other friends), but am now looking for ideas of things to do. We both enjoy being active and outdoors. Can anyone recommend anything/anywhere? I've never arranged a holiday abroad unless it's staying with friends/family or an all inclusive beach resort!

honeyroar Mon 28-Mar-16 20:02:55

It's very easy to get a train into Washington and see the sights/museums. A colleague took her family there and did those in the morning and just sunbathing and pool at the hotel in the afternoons. She said it was a good family holiday.

imonaplane Tue 29-Mar-16 16:15:12

I would second a trip to Washington - loads to do and see. They have a really good hop on - hop off bus service which even goes to the National Cemetery at Arlington. Annapolis is not far and is a pretty little city. To get to it by road you have to cross the huge Bay Bridge. You can get a boat trip at the harbour. The whole Chesapeake Bay area is lovely - I'm sure you will find lots to do. I have done a lot of travelling in the US and Maryland is one of my favourite states.

imonaplane Tue 29-Mar-16 20:56:24

Forget what I said about the Bay Bridge - we came from the other direction! You could go over the bridge though, it is spectacular and a bit scary!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now