Chicken Pox and Emirates

(5 Posts)
Smeldra Tue 22-Mar-16 13:05:56

Does anybody have any experience of flying with Emirates when their little one has had chicken pox?

We are due to fly tomorrow night. DD (4yrs) came out in spots on Friday. They look to me to be scabbed over now and we have an appointment with the GP first thing tomorrow to get a fit to fly certificate. We've also printed off the Emirates documents for the GP to fill in.

Do we need to do anything else?

Smeldra Tue 22-Mar-16 13:22:33

Sorry posted twice....Damn phone angry

Kirriemuir Wed 23-Mar-16 13:21:15

Assuming you get a fit to fly it will be fine. Expect odd looks though. If no fit to fly please don't chance flying, even if you think she's fine.

Whatdoidohelp Wed 23-Mar-16 13:27:05

Please be super cautious with hygenie - you don't know who may be pregnant, have low immune systems etc. I would also enquire if you are to be sat beside any children or babies. I would be fucking raging if my kids caught chicken pox on a long haul flight and ruined a holiday from someone who knew their children were contagious

chemenger Thu 24-Mar-16 10:02:06

Once the spots are scabbed over the child is no longer infectious. The OP is being responsible and going to the GP to have it confirmed that this is the case. It would be worse, from an infection point of view, if they had flown before the spots emerged, since then the child would have been infectious but they would not have known. She's not proposing to travel with an infectious child.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now