Anyone been to Borneo with children?

(7 Posts)
swimster01 Thu 10-Mar-16 21:44:19

Was it a holiday of a lifetime and can you share any tips? Many thanks

ShanghaiDiva Thu 10-Mar-16 22:59:02

I have been to Kota Kinabalu - great beaches, national parks, orang utans, fab food. My children were 5 and 11 at the time.
Also been to Kuching - went kayaking, visited long houses and other traditional houses, saw orang utans in the wild, great city to walk around and great food.
We combined the Kuching trip with a few days in Brunei -kids really enjoyed trekking in the rain forest there.
Unlike a lot of SE Asia Borneo is dry in July/August.

mumofblueeyes Thu 10-Mar-16 23:04:30

I've been to Borneo without kids and it is the most amazing place. Started in Kota Kinabula, then Mt Kinabalu, then some beach, then jungle and the Orangutans. That was pre kids but I would take kids there. I've done lots of long haul travel with my young son including Thailand, Cambodia and Uganda. Borneo was on my Easter list but ended up choosing India instead - much cheaper! How old are your children OP?

IslaSinga Thu 10-Mar-16 23:11:50

I lived in Borneo as a child - we did a lot of travelling and had an amazing time.

mouldycheesefan Fri 11-Mar-16 08:13:20

Roughly how much would a holiday in Borneo cost? I like nice hotels but when I have looked in the past it has seemed that food and drink costs could add a lot on to the holiday

pico1 Sun 13-Mar-16 14:00:32

I'm going next week so will report back!

ShanghaiDiva Mon 14-Mar-16 10:15:00

Food and drink in Borneo is reasonable and lots of great local restaurants.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now