Where to stay in Anaheim for Disneyland?

(9 Posts)
Euphemia Sat 05-Mar-16 16:27:05

Can anyone recommend a hotel for DD (13) and me within walking distance of Disney?

We'd be staying for 4-6 days and would like a pool and good places to eat nearby.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 05-Mar-16 21:19:13

Some nearby are:-

Anaheim Plaza Hotel and Suites
Castle Inn and Suites
Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort

Have not stayed at any of these but was in Anaheim last summer and these are located within easy walking distance of the Disney parks.

Would also suggest you pay a visit to Knotts Berry Farm over at Buena Park which is near Anaheim.

Will you be using a car?.

Euphemia Sat 05-Mar-16 22:31:17

No we won't have a car.

Thanks for the suggestions - I'll look into them.

LAlady Sun 06-Mar-16 18:55:39

We have stayed at the Hilton Anaheim. Walking distance to the parks and a very good pool area.

CMOTDibbler Sun 06-Mar-16 19:05:21

I've stayed at the Holiday Inn resort area and the Hilton. The Hilton was nicer, and the pool much better. There are loads of restaurants in walking distance, but tbh the area is very compact from any of the hotels.

MadamDeathstare Sun 06-Mar-16 19:10:34

Check if further out hotels offer a regular shuttle to Disney too.

Sadly Anaheim around Disney is about the ugliest place in the Los Angeles area. Please don't judge the rest of LA by what you will see there.

GinSolvesEverything Tue 08-Mar-16 02:20:08

The HoJos at Anaheim is great. 10 minute walk to the gates and has a great swimming pool / water play area for kids.

There's a really good cafe/restaurant next door, and all the usual food places between the hotel and the parks, eg iHop and McDs.

We had 4 nights there recently and it was fab. They have excellent family rooms too if there are more than the two of you.

AcrossthePond55 Tue 08-Mar-16 03:02:12

I stay onsite and highly recommend it if it's in the budget. Early entry every day of your stay, package delivery, nice pools, and you never leave the 'Disney Bubble'.

Prices can really vary from hotel to hotel. Do you know what your budget is per night?

Not sure what you consider 'walking distance', but right across Harbor (not Harbour) Bl from the Esplanade are the Best Western Park Place Inn & Suites, Carousel Inn & Suites, and Tropicana Inn & Suites. Those are about the closest walking distance although there are many more within 1/2 mile.

Here's a clickable map

hotelguides.com/district-maps/california/map-hotels-near-anaheim-ca-disneyland-east.html

There's a very good shuttle service called ART. Very convenient and easy to use. Stops at most hotels in the Resort district.

rideart.org/how-to-ride/

loopsngeorge Wed 09-Mar-16 22:07:10

This is going back a few years but we stayed at the Candy Cane Inn which at the time was highly recommended on Tripadvisor. It was really nice and I'm sure we just walked across the road to get into Disney.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now