Miami

(8 Posts)
Pinkpeanut27 Mon 29-Feb-16 12:22:50

Hi has anyone been to Miami ? DH has booked us 5 days there but we need to change hotels due to building work so was looking for some advice . We have kids 6,13 and 13

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 29-Feb-16 15:36:33

Have been there, what sort of advice do you need?.

Pinkpeanut27 Mon 29-Feb-16 16:20:19

Currently trying to pick a hotel. We have been offered the savoy near where the cruise ships come in or grand hotel surfside which is obviously in surfside !! The surfside hotel seems nicer cleaner bigger but s long way from south beach . We have however been told south beach not the best for staying with kids . We are having a 5 day chill out before hitting New York !

AttilaTheMeerkat Mon 29-Feb-16 16:42:13

South Beach at night is very loud indeed, infact parts of it (e.g along Collins Avenue) can be noisy during the day.

Have they not offered any other choice of hotels; the Surfside seems nice but its way too distant.

Pinkpeanut27 Tue 01-Mar-16 08:21:24

The trump towers place in sunny isle !
We can have pretty much any other hotel at a price ! The big ones like Fontenbleau won't confirm interconnecting rooms until check in do they are out . We quite like the idea of a suite for space . The kids fought so much sharing a room
Last year we had to split them and have one in with DH while I slept in the kids room !!
I'm contemplating the sagamore but the travel agent says it's not a kids hotel !! Feel I have wasted 2 days on the phone and trawling the net !!

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 01-Mar-16 11:57:35

I would also look at hotels in the Downtown area of Miami; the area around Bayside (shops and restaurants) is nice. There are daily bus tours out to South Beach or into other parts of Miami like Coconut Grove and Coral Gables.

Pinkpeanut27 Tue 01-Mar-16 15:46:29

I like the Marriott vacation resort at 1410 ocean drive . Is that a good location ?

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 01-Mar-16 21:30:49

Its nice there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now