eeek Boston accommodation is soooo expensive!!

(14 Posts)
ihateminecraft Sat 20-Feb-16 08:40:56

Looking to book 3 nights in August as part of a bigger East Coast trip. Already knew it would be pricey but not quite so much!! I'm wondering if I might be better off leaving it until nearer the time in the hope prices come down or will I end up with nothing?I'm not looking for luxury but would like at least 3* as the accommodation we've booked for the rest of the trip is quite basic!

Would be grateful for any tips.

Parker231 Sat 20-Feb-16 08:55:51

We had the same problem last year. I would suggest booking asap as things do seem to get booked up very quickly. We stayed at The Club Quarters - clean but not luxurious. Good locations to easily walk everywhere. Have a great time !

Pipbin Sat 20-Feb-16 08:58:04

I'm off to Boston in April and got an utter bargain staying at The Godfrey hotel. It is 4 star but only opened about 2 weeks ago.
Because of this its not on many of the websites but if you can find it its only $99 a night!!

andadietcoke Sat 20-Feb-16 08:59:40

I stayed at Hotel Veritas in Cambridge. It was a lovely little boutique hotel and I don't think it was that expensive. Depends how central you want to be though - I stayed there before a course at HBS, but got public transport to Back Bay and the centre and it wasn't too bad. Taxis take cards too which makes it all a bit easier to get around.

andadietcoke Sat 20-Feb-16 09:01:08

Also, we've booked a lot of hotels in the US recently and have used Travelzoo a lot, and also Priceline (secret hotels but there are lots of sites with lists of where it's likely to be).

Pipbin Sat 20-Feb-16 09:03:04

Here it is. m.godfreyhotelboston.com

I suggest shopping about. We got it through Expedia and I looked again for it a couple of days ago it on some sites it was £99.

ihateminecraft Sat 20-Feb-16 10:00:58

£99 would be brilliant Pipbin. Unfortunately, it's coming out more than twice that for my dates, and any other dates actually so you must've got lucky!

Pipbin Sat 20-Feb-16 10:31:50

Balls. I think I must have got a 'pre-opening' deal as we booked it about a week before it opened.

ihateminecraft Sat 20-Feb-16 17:44:50

www.midtownhotel.com/

Found this. Fab location (Back Bay). Cheap by Boston standards but only a 2* 😕 Guess we wouldn't be spending much time in the hotel but really unsure.

Pipbin Sat 20-Feb-16 17:46:32

It has free wifi. That's a heck of a lot better than some of the mega expensive hotels.

RusholmeRuffian Sun 21-Feb-16 20:32:32

Try Hotwire. I've got some great deals in the States through them

Chewbecca Sun 28-Feb-16 19:15:14

We stayed in the Gryphon House, a B&B in a lovely old 'brownstone'. Loved it. Around $200pn.

VimFuego101 Sun 28-Feb-16 19:15:52

Have you looked on AirBNB?

ihateminecraft Sun 28-Feb-16 23:10:17

The Gryphon House looks lovely Chewbecca, sadly considerably more than $200 for my dates. Yes, have looked at Airbnb but nothing suitable so far......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now