Travel Health Insurance for 7 month old

(3 Posts)
Adrian1976 Tue 26-Jan-16 09:49:02

Hi All - first post so go easy on me smile

My wife is Chinese and we have recently had our first child 'George' who is coming up to 7 months old. My wife is heading home in a couple of weeks with George traveling back to China for a couple of months to visit family etc.

My concern is if he gets sick in China or needs medical care, I have looked in to Health Insurance for his trip but it seems I have to get cover for my Wife before they will cover George, does anybody know if there is a company or organisation who will just cover medical treatment for a 7 month old?

Thanks

mummymeister Tue 26-Jan-16 15:33:04

I don't know of anyone that would just cover a 7 month old for a holiday. sorry. if the two of them are travelling together then wouldn't it be sensible to make sure that she had proper insurance as well? how will you cope financially if she gets sick and needs to be flown home. or breaks a leg and needs an extra seat. travel insurance is what you really need for both of them. don't skimp on it, its not worth it if something goes wrong.

have you checked that the immunisations are up to date for where she will be travelling to?

Adrian1976 Tue 26-Jan-16 16:20:38

I get your point... yes he is fully up to date with jabs and immunisation is also sorted. Thanks for your reply.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now