Anybody booked flights with opodo?

(11 Posts)
maiscout Sun 17-Jan-16 22:50:13

Basically as the title says. Anyone booked flights with them and how was it?

I stupidly just booked flights to vancouver without looking at reviews of opodo, and now am terrified I'm screwed and I'm probably going to end up losing money. The reviews were bad. Very bad. Lots of screwing over customers by cancelling their flights a week before they're due to fly and making them pay for more expensive flights!

Anyone with any experience?

maiscout Mon 18-Jan-16 09:33:26

Bump

nannyafrica Mon 18-Jan-16 17:01:48

We did, never again!!!!! I sat with my husband and checked all flight details with him before we clicked to book. We booked but when the tickets were sent to us outbound flight was right but inbound was the wrong date. We phoned straight away and emailed but they said there was nothing they could do apart from paying again for the return tickets for the right day. We spent hours on the phone with them and got nowhere. We are going to Namibia on Saturday and have booked over the phone with Flight Centre and found them very good answering all my questions (they called me back) and they had great deals on the flights we wanted.

maiscout Mon 18-Jan-16 17:24:08

Oh dear! That's not good. Eeek don't know what to do now. I doubt they'll let me cancel flights so I'm going to just go in and be prepared that something might fuck up sad.
I assume your tickets were there when you got to the airport? So many reviews of people saying they got to the airport and opodo had forgot to book their flights!!
Never again for me too! Even though nothing has gone wrong it's just an extra stress

eurochick Mon 18-Jan-16 17:31:03

Yep I've used them. No problems.

maiscout Mon 18-Jan-16 17:42:39

Was it in the last 3 years euro?
They've apparently gone downhill since 2012.
Fingers crossed it's fine for me too blush

thankthoseluckystars Tue 19-Jan-16 12:24:09

Hope so, as I've booked to fly to Sydney with them in April.

PolovesTubbyCustard Tue 19-Jan-16 12:30:30

No.

Fingers crossed all will be well with your flights OP.

But in future just book flights direct with the airline. If there are any issues it is easier to deal with them directly - a third party doesn't have reason to get involved.

Enjoy your trip.

Opodo Wed 20-Jan-16 10:42:53

Dear maiscout,

Thank you for creating this thread and your post.

We can assure you that we always do our best to make the booking procedure as easy and pleasant as possible for our customers. Within a large customer based company there will always be customers who are not completely satisfied with the service provided, mostly due to a misunderstanding regarding the responsibility of Opodo and the airlines. Opodo does not operate flights however, every airline reserve a right to cancel the flight due to internal organization. Opodo will always notify any change on your booking via e-mail therefore, it is quite important our customers periodically check their inbox for any communication of ours and the flight status with 24-48h prior to the flight departure as perform a check-in on-line.
We recommend to read the FAQ section available on our web page so that you are well aware of how our company works. We also recommend to make a booking well in advance.

We have a well-equipped team of agents ready to help you if you have any further questions. The majority of our customers are happy with their experience and we hope that you will be one of our customers in a near future.

Best regards,

Liv - Opodo

Opodo Wed 20-Jan-16 10:56:32

Dear nannyafrica,

Thank you for taking your time to write this post and for allowing us the opportunity to clarify your doubts.

In a response to the points you´ve raised please let us explain to you that all booking is confirmed with the exact information entered by the customer when booking as is being entered into the reservation system directly and forms a non-changeable basis of the booking. Opodo would just issue the ticket for the booking, which was created by the customer during the booking process on-line therefore, no mistake is possible.

We always strongly recommend our customers to double check the details before processing the purchase as once issued, the booking is definite.

We invite you to update your review or to answer our message via here supplying the reference code, so that we would be able to check your reservation and assist.

Warm regards.

Liv - Opodo

maiscout Mon 25-Jan-16 09:54:20

opodo I've just had an email saying my flight schedule has been changed. When I go to look at my flights nothing is different. Can you check what that change is? I'll dm you my details

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now