I am dreaming of a sunny Christmas

(10 Posts)
motheroftwoboys Sat 16-Jan-16 15:12:21

Picking your excellent brains please. BIG BIRTHDAY on 21st December so DH and I want to take our "boys" away with us which we haven't done for years. The will be 26 and 24. We hope to stay away for Christmas as want to be away for my Actual birthday so would be too late (and jet lagged) to get back for it. Want the sun and probs AI to make things easier. Any ideas for somewhere with sun, sea, good food, stylish and enough for the boy/men to do. Budget of £8k.

neolara Sat 16-Jan-16 15:14:57

South Africa. Amazing beaches, wine and food. Lots of active things to do. Gorgeous scenery. Hot. Only an hour time difference.

mummymeister Sat 16-Jan-16 17:06:46

Belize. an amazing place to go. just right for a big birthday. the weather will be perfect. we went Christmas 2014 and it was amazing. walking in the jungle, howler monkeys, sailing and snorkelling with sharks and rays, fabulous accommodation bars and food. Christmas day on a catamaran drinking rum. couldn't have been better. message me for more details.

varicoseveronica Sat 16-Jan-16 18:10:13

I haven't been but I'd really like to go to Tulum in Mexico.
Great beaches, designer hippy, SCUBA and plenty to see nearby. You can stay in eco lodges on the beach.

Ifiwasabadger Sat 16-Jan-16 18:19:06

Dubai. Weather is fabulous, beaches, culture. Lots of choice, fabulous food and hotels. Christmas,s there is amazing.

motheroftwoboys Sat 16-Jan-16 21:03:11

Thanks for your suggestions and will look at them all

Crapbags Sat 16-Jan-16 21:06:33

Barbados, we have been in mid-December and weather was glorious. Great sized island that you can explore yourself with a hire car.

mouldycheesefan Sun 17-Jan-16 08:17:28

Tulum is lovely even a couple times but I agree with South Africa.

frangipani13 Sun 17-Jan-16 08:21:29

Sri Lanka. Amazing beaches and food; we got married and Honeymooned there in 2013. Gorgeous scenery, friendly people, reasonable and not overdeveloped. I would spend every Christmas there if I could!

motheroftwoboys Sun 17-Jan-16 10:02:18

Having another look today but realise I have to stop "wasting" my time and make a decision. Thanks again all, would have thought South Africa and Sri Lanka would be WAY over budget. Don't know why but rest of family don't really fancy Dubai but I will probably persuade DH to go at some point, specially as we can fly Emirates from down the road. Have been looking at Riviera Maya in Mexico so will research Tulum a bit more. Barbados we visited in December 2014 and strangely didn't really like it but we were just on a cruise so was just a day. Maybe being unfair on it. Will have another look. Mummy meister I look forward to hearing more. Belize is somewher we definitely haven't been. It is MUCH easier just booking for DH and I!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now