Barbados in April

(6 Posts)
Billingsgatedoxy Wed 06-Jan-16 16:21:38

Will it be a good time to go? Where is a good place to stay with kids? I've never been before so any useful information will be gratefully received,

Thanks

Billingsgatedoxy Wed 06-Jan-16 20:29:29

Bumping for the evening crowd

mouldycheesefan Thu 07-Jan-16 08:51:25

Yes April good time to go it's before the rainy and hurricane seasons kick in.
Love Barbados but went pre kids so can't advise" on kid friendly options. Have you tried Virgin or kenwood travel been long haul with both of them with kids and found them really good in terms of talking to someone who can make good recommendations re specific hotels.
Barbados has great beaches and all are public, the interior of the island has some pleasant spots but also a surprising amount of trash/ vacant lots and is not as picturesque as St Lucia for example. But the beaches, restaurants etc are fab.

Billingsgatedoxy Fri 08-Jan-16 11:18:52

Thanks for replying Mouldycheese. Most places seem to be full already though so I think we may have left it a bit late this year- really annoyed at myself as I was getting really excited!

mouldycheesefan Fri 08-Jan-16 12:40:34

Is that because of Easter hols?
Have you also tried St Lucia, Antigua, Grenada they are all fantastic, again went pre kids so not got any advice on kid friendly hotels.
Mexico? Been there with children, Caribbean still and good time to go.

Billingsgatedoxy Sat 09-Jan-16 22:51:54

Yes I think it's just much more popular in Easter than I had realised. I've never come across a holiday destination that seems completely sold out before! I've resisted the other islands as I'm trying to keep flight time to 8 hours (young kids) and don't really want a transfer

I also crossed off St Lucia due to long transfer/ sickness inducing roads but maybe I need to go back to that, and Mexico again seems too long a flight for a weeks holiday

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now