BA EconomyPlus - is it worth it

(6 Posts)
twofalls Wed 23-Dec-15 14:48:06

Am flying to HK next summer, must me and two DDs (10 and 6). To upgrade my outward flight to Economy plus wll cost an extra £500. Do youthink its worth it? Does anyone have any experiences of economy plus? Or is it better to upgrade after booking? Thanks

AttilaTheMeerkat Wed 23-Dec-15 22:04:19

Is this an extra £500 for the three of you to do this one way?. It may be worth doing this on the way out (is it a night flight?) as you can get some more room (the seats are wider and there is a bit more seat pitch). Also there is not so much competition for the overhead bins although they are by no means massive in terms of overhead space. However, the arm rests on those seats do not move. There is no toilet in that class and PE pax cannot use the Club World toilets; instead you will need to use the ones situated in the World Traveller section (economy).

The newer style PE cabin on their newest aircraft; A380, Boeing 787, Boeing 777-300ER is actually quite decent.

You can take two bags with you on board - one full-sized cabin bag plus a laptop or handbag - and check up to two bags into the hold - double the allowance for most economy services.

I would pay for it now rather than trying to upgrade after booking.

twofalls Wed 23-Dec-15 22:46:34

Thanks Attila. Yes £500 fir all 3 one way and yes it's a night flight so was hoping we might sleep.

That's really useful.

MozzchopsThirty Wed 30-Dec-15 19:40:34

I found the traveller plus seats uncomfortable on my recent flight on ba A380. The footrest is like the ones you get on a national express coach, not like on the older 777s where it actually supports your legs.
There are 2 night flights to HKG one A380 and one 777 so might be worth making your decision based on that!

I flew back club world which was blissful and I slept 9 hours grin

dottygamekeeper Sat 02-Jan-16 20:58:09

We flew PE on a BA777 to and from Hong Kong in September - there is one toilet for PE passengers (at front right of PE cabin, do not pre-book the bulk head seats, everyone from the left hand side of the cabin has to clamber over their legs to get to the loo!

I much prefer it to Economy because of the much smaller cabin, better legroom, better food, extra luggage etc.

We upgraded at time of booking.

dottygamekeeper Sat 02-Jan-16 21:06:35

Sorry - I have just realised I confused our HK trip with our LA trip: we actually flew PE in Cathay to HK (and with BA to LA): I would still recommend PE with either!

Cathay was cheaper than BA to HK and was excellent service and food wise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now