S/C apartments in Cape Town - recommendations please!

(4 Posts)
OllieinOrange Mon 26-Oct-15 08:24:17

Another Cape Town related question! We are currently planning a trip to Cape Town for February 2016 and would like to stay in an apartment rather than a hotel for a few days. We have two boys so would love access to a pool too. Does anyone have any recommendations? Ive had a quick look at booking.com etc - so much choice and for every good review there is a bad one! Any MN recommendations would be great!

pumpkinbutter Mon 26-Oct-15 09:38:10

Do you want to stay in the city centre or slightly outside at one of the more be achy areas? We stayed in an apartment at the Waterfront (Waterfront Vertigo) one trip and in other places such as Camps Bay, Bantry Bay etc on subsequent trips. We now tend to stay in Stellenbosch and travel into town when we fancy it, but we are out there for 2-5 weeks at a time so have loads of time.

There will always be good and bad reviews for everything but we just go by the most recent reviews.

neonshine Mon 26-Oct-15 09:50:41

When we holidayed in Cape Town this year I found it very difficult to decide on a holiday rental - and that with knowing the area quite well (I lived there for a couple of years but more than a decade ago).

After reading reviews online I came across a company that sources a property for you and I cannot recommend them enough! Within 24 hours the lady we dealt with had found the perfect property for us within budget (we had a reasonable budget but that was not enough for our expectations ;))

The company is capeholidays.info and the contact was Elmarie. It costs nothing to enquire with them or to use their services and they really were excellent.

Hth

Sigma33 Wed 28-Oct-15 08:13:40

Camps Bay is lovely (but very busy and crowded in peak season). It is also worth thinking about South Peninsula such as Muizenberg or Fish Hoek. Easy enough to get into town if you avoid rush hour, near the Southern Suburb vineyards and wine tasting, and lovely beaches.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now